GST. A Soviet made Catalina. One of the Part 2 of my collection

The Russian liveried Catalina looks great.  Thanks for giving me a better view of it.  The Cat is a favorite plane of mine.  At some point, I am going to start a build of the Revell 1/48 kit as a Black Cat.  I really like yours.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, georgeusa said:

The Russian liveried Catalina looks great.  Thanks for giving me a better view of it.  The Cat is a favorite plane of mine.  At some point, I am going to start a build of the Revell 1/48 kit as a Black Cat.  I really like yours.  Thanks for sharing.

Welcom mate, I am pleased that you like this plane.

Alain

Nice! Is it a conversion set or scratch work? GST had Soviet copies of Wright Cyclone nine cylinders radials. Some  had the Polikarpov style keyston shape openings on partially blinden front of cowling.. sometime I think  should do GST :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice GST! That's not an aeroplane you see built-up very often. In addition to the licence-built GSTs, the Soviets also had Lend-Lease Catalinas from America.

Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JWM said:

Nice! Is it a conversion set or scratch work? GST had Soviet copies of Wright Cyclone nine cylinders radials. Some  had the Polikarpov style keyston shape openings on partially blinden front of cowling.. sometime I think  should do GST :)

Well it is the Academy kit with just a spiner for the propeler and a Skas MG from Aeroclub.

https://vvsairwar.com/2017/03/07/the-soviet-pby-catalinas-of-wwii/

Here you can seen one without front cowling (secon picture in the text)

Alain

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Learstang said:

Very nice GST! That's not an aeroplane you see built-up very often. In addition to the licence-built GSTs, the Soviets also had Lend-Lease Catalinas from America.

Regards,

Jason

Thank you, and yes, you are right. about lend lease.

If the Soviet beat the German in 1945 is cause of the US trucks.😉

Alain

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 112 Squadron said:

Thank you for sharing. I was not aware of the Soviet version before I saw the pictures of your model.

Thank you very much mate.

More Soviet Special next week.

Alain