Finally Retired

Captain Slog

Hi all, finally retired after being a glassblower for 46 years. Started modelling again having not done anything for years. Current building a Lancaster with encouraging comments such as “Where are you going to put that when it’s finished “. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

Hi all, finally retired

Gidday Captain, retirement? I can highly recommend it. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

“Where are you going to put that when it’s finished “. 

Hang it from the ceiling? It might look more natural there than my 1/600 scale ships would. 😁 Alternatively, perhaps a dedicated model display cabinet, which of course will need filling with more models. 🙂 Anyway, welcome aboard.       Regards, Jeff.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Captain Slog said:

Hi all, finally retired ...

Ha!  That's what they all say.  I've been saying that for the last several years but no-one takes any effin' notice.  It's "now you're retired you can...." every  five minutes.  I hope you can avoid that and enjoy your modelling!     :post1:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Welcome aboard I'm now retired just over 5 years,you may find that your modeling doesn't increase as much as you think it might,so much to do and see,but enjoy your retirement.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome! 👋 

Apparently I 'retired' last year ..... manage a bit of time at the operating table, but busier now than when I worked full time! 

Anyway, hopefully some of your work will appear soon ....

Keith 😁 

• Like 1

Welcome,

I had the same problem when I retired, but with some fishing line around the tail and some drawing pins, it is surprising how many models you can hang, nose down, on a vertical wall. A Lanc may need more than one pin, I used two for my Shackleton, just to be safe.

Good luck,

Geoff.

• Like 1

You can do what I do. Never finish a model! 🤣 

Not that I'm retired. You need an actual pension to  retire.

Aged 63 I'm looking for 'new opportunities'. Everyone thinks it'll be good for me. 😗

Yeah!

Edited by noelh
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the No.1 modelling site and forum! You will get as much support, guidance and enthusiasm here as you need or want! Its a great please to hang out :).

Martin

I retired nearly a year ago, I've less time for modelling than I had when I was working full time shift work. I need to rethink things I reckon. Welcome anyway, enjoy this place, it isn't too bad all in all. :) 

Steve.