1/48 Blackburn Buccaneer S2 XN974

Thanks all for the comments.

I didn't weather it as I modelled it as it would have looked during its life with the RN Test Sqn. It would have been kept in the hangar and periodically cleaned when not in use.

Hi Mick. I really like this!. The Buccanneer is one of my favourite jet aircraft. 

You've done an outstanding job on this. I like the ladders added and the air intake blocking pads, whatever they are called!. Do these all come in the kit? I guess so.

That you haven't weathered it is fine with me.. doesn't detract from how good it looks. Lovely model! 

I've looked at buying this kit recently but put off by how expensive it is. Have too many kits to make already! SWMBO would not be amused to see another kit suddenly appear! lol

Thanks for showing. Great work indeed!

Kind Regards, Andy

• Thanks 1

Thanks John W I agree. I have a Corsair F4U that will be in the USN Dark Blue.

Thanks Andy. The ladders and engine blanks come with the kit. It is a lovely kit to build with a good choice of stores. I did dither about buying it but I got it for £59.95 in the end. My big interest is 1/35 Anti Aircraft Missile Systems kits and they're not cheap either so I am used to paying out for a kit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MickE said:

Thanks John W I agree. I have a Corsair F4U that will be in the USN Dark Blue.

Thanks Andy. The ladders and engine blanks come with the kit. It is a lovely kit to build with a good choice of stores. I did dither about buying it but I got it for £59.95 in the end. My big interest is 1/35 Anti Aircraft Missile Systems kits and they're not cheap either so I am used to paying out for a kit.

Yes Mike i've seen it for £65 - £75 so sounds like you got a good deal there! 

• Like 1

That's a really beautiful job, looks just right in every way. Can I ask where you sourced the decals for that scheme? Are they on an aftermarket sheet or did you do them yourself on a printer of some kind?

Thanks Pete

Thanks hopkp. The decals are aftermarket by a company called Kits World. The set is called War Birds (KW148152). 

There are 5 schemes on the sheet and they are all for test and development aircraft. They retail for between £8.50 and £10.99 plus p+p. I only used the one set so if you are interested in the othere schemes I am sure we can come to some arrangement. They are not the best decals I have worked with.