Tamiya Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt.

Hi folk's got a case of modellers block with some of the proposed stuff for this GB so rather than plod on and tire completely boxed them up to go

back to a  bigger scale build, rather than risk not getting anything  at all done for I looked at the dates of Tamiya's range of 1/48 kits but to be 

honest those that qualify I have done before. I thought I would get this kit I had proposed in chat and maybe ask  for it to be included although it's

a year too young.However I took another look at scalemate's and was over the moon to discover it's not a 1991 mould but 1977,1991 was the release of

this box and scheme.

20230328_184347

Planning the Bentwater's based machine in the wrap round scheme there's weapons galore to hang on her which should look impressive raised panel lines

are the order of the day but very similar in quality to Monogram if not a little finer.

20230328_190401

• Like 8

Great choice Steve, that's my favourite aircraft! I should mention that I'm not an aircraft builder, but I distinctly remember building a warthog when I was a lad! 

• Like 2

This must be a whopper, I remember building the 1/72 Matchbox kit as a nipper, and being delighted how much bigger it was than expected and lots and lots of ordinance :like:

Good luck mate

Cheers Pat 

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

This must be a whopper, I remember building the 1/72 Matchbox kit as a nipper, and being delighted how much bigger it was than expected and lots and lots of ordinance :like:

Good luck mate

Cheers Pat 

Thanks Pat yep she's quite a size but my LMS does 20% off Tamiya so for just  pennies over £20 a lot for your money.Remember the Matchbox GB? Did the prototype.

20220207_185521

• Like 3

Hi folk's, started the engine assembly painted the turbine blades silver and fitted the rear ones inside the casing which was painted iron black but only the rear portion will be seen.

20230404_190424

Cockpit painted and decaled with masking tape harness as usual.

20230404_190507

• Like 7

Evening folk's well she's a big old bird when assembled but with a little filler but a lot of sanding I hope to get primer on tomorrow.

20230408_184003

• Like 2

On 07/04/2023 at 17:52, paul-muc said:

Could you add a close up of the harness please.

Hi paul here you are,can't vouch for accuracy but under the glazing from normal viewing distance It does me.

20230408_191732

Masking tape and a sharp pencil.

20230122_131620

If the type needs it you can pre-paint the colour too.

20230108_190142

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi folk's.weekend made progress,I  primed in rattle can gray then just this morning put a second coat of the light green base colour on which is drying nicely.

20230410_103337

• Like 4

Hi folk's,I reckon this is going to take a while to paint due to it's size and the fact I'm brush painting the other colours but here's the last couple of days progress.

20230413_110304

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folk's not been at this build for a few weeks but this last few days built the mass of weapons and today glossed the underside and added the u/c legs ready for painting.

20230507_161722

• Like 7