Gulfstream I 1/72 Aeroporto Modelos

So what did I got myself into... I am a big fan of 1/72 GA and business aircraft so this new resin release from Aeroporto Modelos (who?) caught my attention and as soon as it was released I ordered it. It is a resin kit and it is available in various versions and with various liveries. I decided to go for the civilian variant. 

The boxing looks promising:

spacer.png

But the content looks challenging...

spacer.png

The instructions are, well, let's say, minimal:

spacer.png

It comes with some decals, not that extensive but for sure useful, as are the paint masks:

spacer.png

I realise this is the "in progress" section and I will try my best to update you with my progress. But looking at the kit I think I need quite some encouragement to start it, let alone finish it. Anyone ever dealt with kits from Aeroporto Modelos before? All hints and tips to finish this unique model are welcome :)

Peter

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Looks interesting. I think typical resin kit. Be careful when sanding dust is not good for health. Need to look if this is available anywhere near.

I am aware of that and taking care, resin is indeed not so good for your health. I ordered the kit from the Aviation Megastore in Holland.

The resin itself, at least the varieties most in use, is not toxic in itself.  The dust from filing, reshaping polystyrene kits would be just as worrying.  Whether this should be a serious worry is another matter, in view of the quantities involved.  You're not mining nor quarrying the stuff.  But it doesn't hurt to be careful.  Alternatives are rarely better.