KA-3D Skywarrior

Good day,

Here is my third completed project for the year.  This is the tanker version of the A-3 Skywarrior family.  These are the highlights of the kit………..

1. Paint used :

A. Airframe : Mission Models Hi-Lo Vis Grey ( MMP-117 ), Tamiya Flat White ( XF-2 )

1). Washes : Ammo Medium Grey ( airframe ), Vallejo Dark Brown, Black, Light Rust

2). Cockpit : Life Color Dark Gull Grey ( UA 033 ), Gunze Olive Drab, Tamiya Dark Green ( XF-81 )

3). Wheels : Tamiya Gun Metal ( X-10 ), Tamiya Flat White

4). Tires : MRP Flat Black ( base color ), MRP Tire Black ( highlights )

2. Aeromaster Decals KA-3D Skywarriors #72-161

3. Uschi Bobbin Thread for antenna wire

4. Engine pods : AK Interactive Extreme Jet Exhaust ( base color ), Metallic Purple, Metallic Blue

The kit was straightforward without many issues.  The surface detail is excellent and the fit is very good.  The landing gear and gear bays are complete with superb detail. I enjoyed this kit and I recommend it to all skill levels.  

Thank you in advance,

Mike

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 51

Mike, this is a super build.:thumbsup: The gentle fading between the colours on the exhausts is very well done, and the white has covered beautifully, always a problem colour to get right.

Its a sizeable chunk of aircraft for a carrier isnt it!😮

All the best

Pete

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BleedingBlue said:

Haven't seen one of these on the site yet.  It turned out great.

I agree.  That was part of the allure of the KA-3D.  There aren`t many ever built.  Thank you for the compliments. 

1 hour ago, Pete in a shed said:

Mike, this is a super build.:thumbsup: The gentle fading between the colours on the exhausts is very well done, and the white has covered beautifully, always a problem colour to get right.

Its a sizeable chunk of aircraft for a carrier isnt it!😮

All the best

Pete

Thanks Pete.  It`s a challenge ( 😉 ) to try and keep the pace and quality of the kits that you and many others share with us here.  I`m glad you like it. 

33 minutes ago, Farmerboy said:

A rarely seen beauty, really nice detail work and paint, good job!

Thank you Adrian.  Kind words indeed. 

19 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

That's a beautifully done Skywarrior, one of the favorite Navy airplanes.

Thank you good sir and I`m pleased that you like it.  

Like many of us here on this site, I did not realize that this particular kit has been out of production for quite some time and is now a challenge to find one.  I guess it`s yet another reason to “justify” 😬 to add to our collective stash`s.  :banghead:

Thanks again to all for the kind words. :like:

Mike

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David H said:

Nice Work!

<extends secret A3D Skywarrior handshake...>

And receives the “secret” A-3D Skywarrior handshake.  Thank you for the kind words.  :thanks:

Mike 

Dayam, Mike- she’s a beaut! First one I have seen on BM and it was worth the wait! Just the right amount of weathering, and a perfect finish. If I ever get up the nerve, I have a resin tail turret and radome to do one of the earlier varients. The Hasegawa kit is not the easiest to build, from what I have read, but you nsiled this one. You chickened out on the slats, but I’ll cut you some slack on that one, as the set of slats and flaps that Lone Star Models made for the kit have been oop for quite a while!👌

Mike

• Thanks 1