A6 Experimental torpedo bomber

Marklo

04526363-1-EB3-4-A40-882-D-9-B142-EB361-

Personally I blame @Enzo the Magnificent for this…. With almost a month left there’s time for one more little one. Plus it was only a tenner…

01-D2-FA00-2397-4-D99-A85-B-01-DDBCB278-

I’d love to build the top one but making an A3 out of an A6 is actually quite tricky. But I’ve also wanted to build TD SI for a long time. If you look carefully you can see a dotted line which is the profile of the experimental BT-1400 bomb which is the one I’m going to go for…

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 8

I've seen the Mister Craft kits in my local Hobbycraft and I've often wondered what they were like. I'll be intrested to see what you make of building this one. Another interesting choice too 

James

7 hours ago, 81-er said:

I've often wondered what they were like. I'll be intrested to see what you make of building this one.

I’ve built a few so far, they’re ok I think they’re reboxing of frog/novo/revel/etc kits from the seventies with new decal sheets. I like them as they’re cheap and generally the right shape ( except for the wingtips on this one ) so I don’t mind doing a bit of extreme work to squeeze a decent model out of them.

93-D45219-C21-C-4184-80-C9-B45-C16537454

Progress. Mostly assembled and filled. I had to reshape the wing tips as they were all wrong but otherwise not too bad. It went together much more easily than my other A-6!!!!

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, 81-er said:

I've seen the Mister Craft kits in my local Hobbycraft and I've often wondered what they were like.

They are reboxes of various manufacturers' kits.  The Mistercraft Mirage III/V is a rebox of the Heller kit with a nice decal sheet.  The Hurricane is also the Heller kit.  But you have to be careful.  The Mistercraft Draken is the 1957-vintage Revell kit.   It's best to check on Scalemates to see what you are getting.  

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 8:11 PM, Enzo the Magnificent said:

The Mistercraft Mirage III/V is a rebox of the Heller kit with a nice decal sheet. 

That sheet is nice, but, unfortunately, closer to 1/100th in scale and thus not particularly useful for the included Mirage.

Ask me how I know. :)

Cheers,

andrd

Edited by Hook
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

8-CA3-ED8-D-7-AA9-45-A5-AD95-962-F406-AFSized printed and varnished. I’ll use the ones on the right I think.

Managed to get a coat of primer on, so preshade and 76 tomorrow hopefully 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3

98-C4-CFD2-00-F4-4-F13-A727-7238-D202-C6

A044-D531-3-A5-F-4-D74-88-F7-8-C5493974-

And the 76. Looks a bit grainy in the photos but not irl.

But that’s the last of my Hataka 76 I have a bottle of AK but it’s the green late war variety. Anyway something think about in the future.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3

0-E42-D767-10-BE-4-DCB-8-BC1-F4585-CC305
75 more Hataka. 74 tomorrow…

I’m just thinking it is entirely possible I might finish it tomorrow.  Hmm second camo colour, decals,  gun barrels, gear doors, u/c, prop, spinner, fit the bomb ( it is carved, filled and just needs tail fins and  paint)and the  rf line, hmmm….

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4