Two Soviet modified Hawker Hurricane, (on demand). One spotter and one training plane. kit from my collection in 1/72

17 hours ago, 112 Squadron said:

Thank you for posting. You did an excellent job in converting them to two-seaters.

Thank you very much mate.

Alain

Hurrcane%202seater_white5.jpg

Hurricanespotter.jpg

Note BW945  is seen in most profiles as being Temperate Land scheme,  the photo shows that Day Fighter scheme is far more likely.  

Somewhere there is a better version of '5', as the scan is of a photocopy from a book.

For those curious, the VVS converted many types into 2 seaters, including Spitfires, P-39's and P-40's. 

Hurricane pics from

http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/lendlease/hurricane/hurricane2seat/plator/2seat in service/2seathurricane.htm

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

Hurricanespotter.jpg

Note BW945  is seen in most profiles as being Temperate Land scheme,  the photo shows that Day Fighter scheme is far more likely.  

Somewhere there is a better version of '5', as the scan is of a photocopy from a book.

For those curious, the VVS converted many types into 2 seaters, including Spitfires, P-39's and P-40's. 

Hurricane pics from

http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/lendlease/hurricane/hurricane2seat/plator/2seat in service/2seathurricane.htm

Thank you for the informations.

Alain

2 hours ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Beautiful VVS Hurricane two-seaters.

Saluti

Giampiero

Thank you very much.

Alain

On 24/03/2023 at 12:22, Troy Smith said:

Hurricanespotter.jpg

Hurricane pics from

I also have Soviet 2 seater P39, P40 and Spitfire.

I'll post them in a nearest futur.

Alain

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Tip said:

great additions to your collection! I only knew about the iranian two-seaters... 

Thank you. Yes, there where also soviet ones.

Alain

14 hours ago, JWM said:

Very nice and unique!  The open canopy with Russian winter and close to 500 km/h. Must be a bit too chilly ;)

Regards

J-W

Thank you very much. Yes you are right, Brrrrrr.

Alain

PS : see tomorow, in my Soviet collection part 2 a open canopy P 40 😉

• Like 1

Well, you have built two variations of a Hurricane which I have never seen before.  The two seat conversions by the Russians has been very nicely replicated by your kits' build and finish.  Thanks for sharing and thanks for enlightening me.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, georgeusa said:

Well, you have built two variations of a Hurricane which I have never seen before.  The two seat conversions by the Russians has been very nicely replicated by your kits' build and finish.  Thanks for sharing and thanks for enlightening me.

Thank you very much mate, and welcome.

Tomorow PM (Belgian time) I'll post other Soviet, with 2 P40 2 saeter. With other kind

of American an British plane with red star.

Alain