1/35 25 pdr shells

saintsclaire

Resicast product No. 35.2349 as pictured on Scalemates shows brass casings with resin shells.  Your description of “stacks” am guessing means the set has more than you need and willing to spend on?

Maybe scratch building them from appropriate hollow brass tubing, but punching out discs for the base and filing down the lip for a more scale thinness is a lot more work.  There is also the problem of creating the slight taper towards the opening   Then again, cannot confirm Resicast has incorporated this detail either.

• Like 1

In 1/35 the slight taper of the cartridge case would not be noticeable.  It's just slight enough to permit extraction without base separation and a stuck case.  In my head I thought that RB Model did them but it seems not.

But the 95mm howitzer shared a breech ring with the 25pdr, although slightly larger calibre at 95 vs 84mm.  That's 0.3mm in 1/35: hardly noticeable.  So I think you could get away with the cartridge cases for the 95mm, available from RB Models and AFV Club in brass and Accurate Armour in resin.  The HE and smoke projectiles in the sets are also useable for 25pdr IMO, but not the HEAT rounds.

1 hour ago, JackG said:

Resicast product No. 35.2349 as pictured on Scalemates shows brass casings with resin shells.  Your description of “stacks” am guessing means the set has more than you need and willing to spend on?

Maybe scratch building them from appropriate hollow brass tubing, but punching out discs for the base and filing down the lip for a more scale thinness is a lot more work.  There is also the problem of creating the slight taper towards the opening   Then again, cannot confirm Resicast has incorporated this detail either.

Thank you

They wold be perfect, except they seem out of production 35.2349 is now 4.5mm Lenses 😪

Explains why 35.2433 was all i could find on their site 25 pdr shells

20 minutes ago, Kingsman said:

In 1/35 the slight taper of the cartridge case would not be noticeable.  It's just slight enough to permit extraction without base separation and a stuck case.  In my head I thought that RB Model did them but it seems not.

But the 95mm howitzer shared a breech ring with the 25pdr, although slightly larger calibre at 95 vs 84mm.  That's 0.3mm in 1/35: hardly noticeable.  So I think you could get away with the cartridge cases for the 95mm, available from RB Models and AFV Club in brass and Accurate Armour in resin.  The HE and smoke projectiles in the sets are also useable for 25pdr IMO, but not the HEAT rounds.

Many thanks -  That seems a good solution