1/48 GWH Su-27UB "Red 100" Build

After countless learning on Haneto's posts. I have decided to learn the tricks and start my own Su-27UB.

Starting with the ejection seat first! 

2023-02-21

DSC_7306

DSC_7307

DSC_7304

2023-03-22

Another day on continuing the cockpit. I must say I am surprised by the detail of this kit. GWH did a fantastic job of making sure the decal can fit perfectly on the panel.

With some help with softer and heat gun, it can sit nicely with raised detail. This is better than the Quinto Studio in my opinion since printing always has pixel ink marks and blurry boundaries. 

DSC_7315

DSC_7318

DSC_7311

Edited by robinpu
Update
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This weekend is all about the exhaust!

After painting, I use both clear acrylic paint, pastel, and ink pen to create complex burn effects for inner and outer exhaust.

I do feel like the internal side wall has too much burned residual, which might affect the overall aircraft weathering and aging. We shall see once I start the fuselage painting. 

DSC_7458

DSC_7452

DSC_7444

DSC_7439

Before and after the burning effect

DSC_7438

DSC_7446

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Working slowly this week due to heavy workload from the daytime and I need to rest in after hours. Only manage to work 1-2 hours every day on this Flanker. 

While I am waiting for some painting masks, I decided to use the 3D-printed landing gear from D&W to enhance the details of this build. My plan is to work on the small parts first and go back to the main fuselage. 

The details are amazing on these printed parts and I will definitely use these more often. 

DSC_7462

DSC_7463

Doing test fit. They fit perfectly. 

DSC_7460

DSC_7459

Painted and the first layer of weathering is done. Still need to add some weathering effects later.

DSC_7481

DSC_7482

• Like 6