***finished***Heller (Italeri) Rafale M

Not seen that one Stu, is that an Italeri moulded kit in a Heller box? Didn’t Heller do their own Rafale or am I wrong here? 

Cheers and all the best.. Dave 

17 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Not seen that one Stu, is that an Italeri moulded kit in a Heller box? Didn’t Heller do their own Rafale or am I wrong here? 

Cheers and all the best.. Dave 

Yeah it’s the italeri tool, and indeed heller did their own A version tool which is available from a mistercraft boxing  https://www.scalemates.com/kits/heller-56320-rafale-a--1154561

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been having a modelling crises last few days having lost a couple of builds, the two others I'm working on putting fights and being faced with the enormity of my collection and an attempt to rearrange for efficiency and future builds not quite working out, but have made a start to this and it looks like this might be a good tonic, never built this before as I'd wrongly assumed his was pig of a kit. F3330309-60-C5-498-A-BB48-2-DFDCA5-FC67- 82-A50611-AA85-4-BC9-8092-6-A8870-CF0538

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

Apparently the intakes are problematic, but on what jet kit aren’t they! Does look like it comes together very nicely.

Mine seem to fit pretty good so should be easy to sand in, anyway painted the pit black and put a couple of coats on the Gull grey said to be good match for the actual celomer shade 

28-F0-DF41-CCA0-445-D-BCC5-7-DB456432975Rafale_-_RIAT_2009_(3751416421).jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2023 at 8:50 PM, Sam said:

Well done! 
Decal time! 🌞

Not quite, had the underside to sand, that’s done now and just popped the exhaust on to find it doesn’t quite fit so a lick of filler and paint is needed, will be decal ready later :) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • PhantomBigStu changed the title to ***finished***Heller (Italeri) Rafale M
6 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

Really looks the business with those big tanks and the missile load out. Good looking model.

Cheers would have liked to raid the spares box for some paveways and targeting pods but italeri didn’t tool the outer pylons :( 

• Like 1