A.W. Meteor NF.14 Matchbox 1/72

Hello everyone, here I present to you the last finished model. In Pianja, everyone is well-known for the airplane model A.W. Meteor NF.14, Matchbox company. I continue the series of "Old School models", and therefore this work. Here's the picture . Best regards, Vlada .

A-W-METEOR-Matchbox-3.jpg

A-W-METEOR-Matchbox-5.jpg

A-W-METEOR-Matchbox-6.jpg

A-W-METEOR-Matchbox-11.jpg

A-W-METEOR-Matchbox-14.jpg

A-W-METEOR-Matchbox-16.jpg

A-W-METEOR-Matchbox-17.jpg

A-W-METEOR-Matchbox-21.jpg

A-W-METEOR-Matchbox-24.jpg

A-W-METEOR-Matchbox-25.jpg

A-W-METEOR-Matchbox-26.jpg

A-W-METEOR-Matchbox-28.jpg

• Like 39

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, I  built it years ago. Remind me, I  seem to remember there was nowhere to fit the undercarriage legs in the wheelbay? No locating  holes. 

Am I  misremembering?

42 minutes ago, noelh said:

Nice, I  built it years ago. Remind me, I  seem to remember there was nowhere to fit the undercarriage legs in the wheelbay? No locating  holes. 

Am I  misremembering?

Looking at my partially completed NF.11, I think the idea was that the nosewheel strut would fit by a 'semi-butt-joint' in a shallow rectangular recess near the front of the bay, and the main gear struts would fit into a similar recess, about 9mm x 2 mm, at the outer forward corner of the main bays.

• Thanks 1

It has been a long time since I have seen a Matchbox Meteor built.

Your model is very nicely built and painted.

Congrats and thanks for bringing this beautiful plane back to life.

JR

20 hours ago, noelh said:

Am I  misremembering?

19 hours ago, JosephLalor said:

Looking at my partially completed NF.11, I think the idea was that the nosewheel strut would fit by a 'semi-butt-joint' in a shallow rectangular recess near the front of the bay, and the main gear struts would fit into a similar recess, about 9mm x 2 mm, at the outer forward corner of the main bays.

I think that was the idea; it doesn't work.

@Vlada, you've done a good job of this one.  The kit wasn't great even when new, so to beat it into submission's not an easy task.  Well done!