Hi From Sunny (sometimes) Kidderminster.

Eyefordetail

Hi every one, I have recently joined the forum.

I had been making models for many years but now have arthritis which makes handling small parts almost impossible. I have always been very keen on getting the details on models spot on so now I tend to commission a lot of my models, however I can still hold a paint brush so concentrate on painting the figures to complement anything made for me.

I am looking forward to seeing the forum members models and getting to know you all.

Happy modeling, John :)  

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Eyefordetail said:

but now have arthritis

I know exactly what you mean. I've had the rheumatoid variety for 25 years, but now the hospital has told me that I also have something called condrocalcinosis. Still modelling though, but it can be a pain (literally) at times. Anyway, welcome aboard John, and I hope that you'll still be able to enjoy your modelling.

John.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Eyefordetail said:

Great name and flippen heck it defiantly is a small world!

It is a great name, and even funnier is the small world thing; back in 2003, or so, I went to a Who concert in Watford, and met up with some other Who fans in a bar before the show. I was introduced to a guy, whose name was also John. So I said to him (a Who in joke here) "From Oz"? and he said "no, Kidderminster".

So I said words to the effect of "Good God, so am I" ! We've been to see the Who - or met up at shows - many times since.

• Like 1

Hi John, welcome to BM, would be nice to see your models from back in the day, there’s no limit to showing old models in the relevant RFI sections,

what’s your main interest, A/C, Armour , ships?