Tamiya 1/35 British Army Centurion Mk.III

A must have classic tank kit. Big and robust and with a decent figure to play the part of the commander gesturing radio communication. I added stowage to the build and some gubbins for the turret. Rolled up tarp. Bags and backpacks. Model was brush painted and weathered with oils and Pigma Micron pens.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Hi bissyboat,

A real classic/oldie/goldie...lol, a vehicle that I really like. The result, despite not having used AB, is very good. I really liked everything added as equipment, if anything, some rope or cable above would have been fine. The only thing I don't like so much is the last figure next to the tank, which is not up to it.

Cheers

Francis.👍

Really looks the business. Not so sure about the figure's wearing webbing. I aren't 95% sure, but most tankies wouldn't wear that kit as it has a chance of catching on everything if you are trying to get out in a hurry. If I remember rightly, they wore overalls. But hey, I likely to be wrong and it's YOUR model.

Regards

Pete

On 17/03/2023 at 07:53, Stef N. said:

Very nice work on the old kit. Top painting and I like the very gentle weathering. Nice one.👍👏

Many thanks for the kind words. Yes. The weathering was more subtle than the usual on my armoured builds. 😙🍷

• Like 1

On 17/03/2023 at 08:37, Watto said:

Really nice, the stowage items look spot on. It's nice to see a build that hasn't been over weathered. 

Spot on. 👍

Thank you. Glad you like the moderate look. It´s done in keeping with the old school look on classic 70s Tamiya builds. 🍷

On 17/03/2023 at 08:59, Keeff said:

Very nice!  Subtle weathering and the additional stowage adds the realism. 

Keith 😁 

Many thanks Keith for your kind comments. I really appreciate that. 🌟

On 17/03/2023 at 09:57, FrancisGL said:

Hi bissyboat,

A real classic/oldie/goldie...lol, a vehicle that I really like. The result, despite not having used AB, is very good. I really liked everything added as equipment, if anything, some rope or cable above would have been fine. The only thing I don't like so much is the last figure next to the tank, which is not up to it.

Cheers

Francis.👍

Thank you for passing through to have a look. Yes. The tank commander is a little outdated, but those stocky figures are classic Tamiya royalty. 😙

Edited by bissyboat
threads merged
  • Haha 1

On 17/03/2023 at 14:48, Bullbasket said:

Nice job, but the crew are going to be missing a load of stowage once they've been over some rough terrain.

John.

Thank you John. Good point. Typical rookie mistake I´m afraid. 😁

• Like 1

On 17/03/2023 at 20:38, Pete Robin said:

Really looks the business. Not so sure about the figure's wearing webbing. I aren't 95% sure, but most tankies wouldn't wear that kit as it has a chance of catching on everything if you are trying to get out in a hurry. If I remember rightly, they wore overalls. But hey, I likely to be wrong and it's YOUR model.

Regards

Pete

Thanks a million Pete. You might be right. It´s a valid point. Overall with just belt around the waist might have been better suited for the commander. 😎

• Like 1