Bugatti / De Monge 100P Special Hobby 1/48

Hello 

Whether in a French forum or here, this Bugatti is still beautiful! :thumbsup:

A big bravo for the reproduction of the wood look. 👍

Regards,

Eric-Snafu35

• Like 1

A very nice model of this unique aircraft, especially now it was decided to upgrade the model and  to display it in a very different way.

The extra flap detailing is excellent and also the contrasts in the wood finishes obtained with artists oil paints. At first glance I thought that the Roschen wood finish decals were used! I particularly liked the way the model is being presented on trestles and a crate as though right before just being finished in the Paris factory facility. A nice little display case with a simulated factory floor would set this model off really nicely and enhance the method of display. It shows what can be done with a relatively inexpensive model kit with a bit of imagination!

I built the 1/72nd scale Special Hobby kit of the Bugatti 100 last year alongside the very first injection moulded kit of this aircraft that was a limited run kit made by Matt Hargreave's Projekts Model Company in Seattle USA way back in the early 70's. Both kits built up quite well and it was interesting to build old and new kits side by side. The Projects one had quite thick sprues to cut through and clean up, and the Special Hobby 1/72nd scale kit had fiddly little resin intakes to fit to the butterfly tail fins.

Edited by Noel Smith
  • Like 1

Magnificent work! I think it looks even better in raw materials than gloss blue. Lovely sharp work on the control surfaces too!

The texture you've achieved on the wood grain and metals is really amazing. Is it entirely oil paints on top of uniform base panel colours? 

• Like 3

I have never heard of this aircraft before and just clicked on this RFI to see what it was.  I am very glad I did as this is just a tremendously wonderfully build kit with a very unique and well done paint and finish.  It just looks amazing.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Meticulous and inspired work – a true objet d'art!

Also very pedagogic – I didn't know that the Bugatti was a mainly wooden construction! Which just goes to show how much I know, or rather, don't know about it.

But I know I love the model!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

That is a stunningly good looking result, especially from a model that has quite a rebellious reputation.

The bare metal and woodwork finish is really eyecatching and very well implemented. Lovely job! 🍻

• Like 1

If I saw this flying around my area, I would call the police due to seeing a UFO.  The replicated wood is incredible and very realistic.  Your attention to detail is outstanding!! :like:

Mike

• Like 1