Airfix’s New Big Spitfire (New Photos)

1 hour ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Stunning finish.

It was wonderful to see the development of this kit on the most recent episode of "Hornby: A model world".

Ah, I must catch up on that, thanks.

54 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

Pristine and Flawless.

Lovely job Guy B)

Rob

Ah, thanks Rob, covered in fingerprints in the flesh.. 😆

Guy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wow.  Take a great kit with a superb build and what you have presented to us is what you get.  Just a fine piece of workmanship in the build process and the finish.  The Spit looks great.  Thanks for sharing.  So just out of curiosity, what are the rules with the red crowbar?  Sometimes it shows up and other times the use of it seems like I just started giggling during a funeral service.

• Like 1

Brilliant..........I know it is not everyone's 'cup of tea' but I do like to see an immaculate finish on models from time to time......especially on those aircraft that are often operated as warbirds being meticulously maintained by their owners.

Lovely, lovely job.

Well Done, Sir !

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, georgeusa said:

Wow.  Take a great kit with a superb build and what you have presented to us is what you get.  Just a fine piece of workmanship in the build process and the finish.  The Spit looks great.  Thanks for sharing.  So just out of curiosity, what are the rules with the red crowbar?  Sometimes it shows up and other times the use of it seems like I just started giggling during a funeral service.

Thanks George,

re the crow bar, I just placed it as per the photo they sent me.

10 minutes ago, Tiger331 said:

Brilliant..........I know it is not everyone's 'cup of tea' but I do like to see an immaculate finish on models from time to time......especially on those aircraft that are often operated as warbirds being meticulously maintained by their owners.

Lovely, lovely job.

Well Done, Sir !

Yep, I do too, I’m not against weathered at all, but I seem to be morphing towards clean builds lately, they just look nicer to me in my dotage. It was quite nice to have the chance to model a clean aircraft and not have to justify it! 

B231-DB25-373-E-434-D-B912-AB3694-C87-C9

14 minutes ago, FAf said:

Great work Guy! It looks really good and I'm very happy to see your excellent mask-usage skills add an extra level of perfection! 🙂

/Fredrik 

Ah, it was all down to the masks maker Fredrik! 😀

Guy

• Like 5

Clean builds are fine, every aircraft came out of the paint shop looking pretty. Wartime crowbars green. Current operational ones red as per regulation. I am not that smart, I learned that here. I am still amazed how many of these are being built, and fast! Airfix’s marketing department got this one right!

• Like 1

Beautiful build...straight off the production line!

May i ask a question.....can the kit's engine covers be fitted and do they stay in place  over the engine?

• Like 2

Thanks guys…

9 hours ago, t15dja said:

Beautiful build...straight off the production line!

May i ask a question.....can the kit's engine covers be fitted and do they stay in place  over the engine?

To be honest, I don’t know, I didn’t try, I never intended them to be with the model..

Guy

Outstanding work.  👌

As mentioned, it's nice to see a 'clean' build, just like the preserved aircraft.

Keith 😁 

• Like 1

Just to prove I had done the canopy…

5-AEB0869-3692-457-D-917-E-DBD01994993-B

2-E13-DD42-2-FA5-4726-B8-C9-B616-BCE0015

96-CDAD7-F-45-C5-4-CA9-A132-54-C4-D839-D

And a cockpit shot… I realise the belts look a bit ‘Christmas Ribbon’ but I do like them viewed as an overview of the model…

0-C717810-157-B-4-E4-B-BD03-5-F7-B38-FBE

• Like 8

• Gisbod changed the title to Airfix’s New Big Spitfire (New Photos)
17 hours ago, t15dja said:

...straight off the production line!

Not really – a current, meticulously kept warbird in RL. Hence also the accurate red painted crowbar! 😉

Extremely neat build, as behoves a replica of the original aircraft at Goodwood.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2

Brilliant, beautifully built. I don't  know why  some  people get sniffy about  warbirds. Many have  been around for decades. They are historic in themselves. 

I  watched this thread for a  bit, waiting for someone to fall into the red crowbar trap. Entirely appropriate for a current warbird of course. But  not wartime.

I  do wonder though where is it written that if carried, crowbars must be red. Is this a CAA requirement.😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I suspect any sniffiness is not against the joy of seeing/hearing them, but because their often-inventive colour schemes and markings can readily be taken for genuine representation of earlier times, by those who (perfectly understandably) don't know any better.  There's a phrase "poisoning the well".