What goes up.... A rotary aircraft spectacular... with a subgroup for Bell helicopters

LorenSharp

I want to go for something completely different. A rotary aircraft GB that spans the history of VTOL/STOL flight. This can be any thing from 1903 onwards. the only hard fast rule is that the craft has to have at least one  prop that faces vertically. So a Pogo or Salmon that works. As does a V-22. But an X-13 does not( no prop.) I will make an exception in the time frame though if somebody wants to do DaVinci's helicopter(for lack of a better word) design.

Gyrocopters and autogyros are also allowed as is the German Focke-Achgelis. Proposed test subjects that never made past the drawing board I'll include too, why not, variety is the spice of model building. And for those of a Space based bent, Ingenuity, nicknamed Ginny, works too. May be we could convince @Martian to join us since that is on his home turf. But there you have it. Waddya think?

1. LorenSharp

2. @Martian

3. @Marklo

4. @Corsairfoxfouruncle

5. @Jabba

6. @theplasticsurgeon

7. @DaveJL

8. @psdavidson

9.  @CliffB

10.@Wings unlevel

11. @MARADER

12. @Ray S

13. @Robert Stuart

14. @bianfuxia

15. @AlxBNE

16. @Bobby No Mac

17. @dnl42

18. @Andres Alvarado

19.  @JOCKNEY

20. @flashlight

21. @heloman1

22. @81-er

23. @wimbledon99

24. @Colin W

25. @Tim R-T-C

26. @fox1_BE

27. @airfixpeter

28.   @Marlin

29. @Chewbacca

• Like 3

Count me in, although be aware that I am not exactly the Galaxy's fastest modeller and my record of completing builds on time is frankly worse than dismal.

Pessimistic of Mars 👽

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Sign me up I have at least one unallocated helicopter in the stash, which will probably never get built of it doesn’t fall into a GB :) 

Thats about like me. I have well over a score would be hard pressed to be built if there wasn't a GB to stick them in.

Well as much as my horrible record goes with rotorcraft Sign me up. I always seem to lose it when it comes to mounting the upper blades. However there is a new mold 1/35 OH-6 Cayuse due sometime later this year or next. Im a huge fan of the LOACH or Huey series so they're both possible’s. 

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well as much as my horrible record goes with rotorcraft Sign me up. I always seem to lose it when it comes to mounting the upper blades. However there is a new mold 1/35 OH-6 Cayuse due sometime later this year or next. Im a huge fan of the LOACH or Huey series so they're both possible’s. 

1 hour ago, Jabba said:

Many a helicopter in the stash, so count me in.

57 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Just this mystical beast in my stash - add my support.

Revell-Merlin.jpg

Welcome Gentlemen, One and all. May God have Mercy on our misbegotten souls. You are added.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

Count me in, I have an Apache that is waiting to get built!

So let it be written. So let it be done(in my best Yul Brenner voice.)

Glad to have you along Dave

44 minutes ago, CliffB said:

I couldn't possibly say no to this one, so please sign me up :thumbsup2:

Then how can I possibly not sign you up? Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wings unlevel said:

Doing my bit to give this one some lift, Loren, so sign me up.

Gerard

Then I'd have to say Up is GO!. Welcome aboard to this merrie band of mischief makers

• Haha 1

Can you add me to the list too please? I have a couple in the stash at them moment (subject to change + or -), and I can always add if I end up with zero. If you know what I mean.

Look forward to this and wishing with all my might that it gets through the bunflight (sic!)

Ray

I have never participated in a group build.

Haven't actually finished any kit for many years but.....all of the stuff I have recently started is of the rotary wing variety so count me in.

I will use the group build as the motivation I need to build one of helicopters in the stash out of the box and actually finish the thing in a timely fashion......just to prove I can.

I doubt very much any of the current projects will be finished in time!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AlxBNE said:

I have never participated in a group build.

Haven't actually finished any kit for many years but.....all of the stuff I have recently started is of the rotary wing variety so count me in.

I will use the group build as the motivation I need to build one of helicopters in the stash out of the box and actually finish the thing in a timely fashion......just to prove I can.

I doubt very much any of the current projects will be finished in time!!

Its not so much about finishing as it is enjoying the chat, camaraderie, and witty banter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1