Hasegawa Mini Box 14 - 1/72 8 Ton Half Track Quadruple 20mm AA Sd.Kfz.7/1 - kit MB-014:250 ++Finished++

Whilst waiting for the paint to dry on the Citroën, it crossed my mind that there might be a bit of waiting involved with that kit - what could fill the void?

This kit was first released in 1973, it was started at least 20 years ago, and has been on the shelf of doom since. Three parts have been glued together, and a bit of fettling done on the wheels, so well below the 25% rule. Can't find the instructions or decals at this stage, but they must be somewhere. 🤔

52748498423_d00bcba26f_c.jpg

• Like 9

Happy mémoires, yep I was another one who blew all their pocket money on Hasegawa Mini Box once I discovered them, main limit was the small range in the local model shop- but at least back then EVERY town had a local model shop.

21 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

Happy mémoires, yep I was another one who blew all their pocket money on Hasegawa Mini Box once I discovered them, main limit was the small range in the local model shop- but at least back then EVERY town had a local model shop.

Every corner shop, post office, newsagents, etc, etc, sold kits, happy days indeed.

• Like 1

Tidying up seam lines and wheels is taking the most of the bench time at the moment - slightly tedious, but hopefully it will make a difference. It's a nice kit really.

Away from the bench now for a week, in deepest Shropshire, and off the grid, so I'll be raring to go on my return.

52759632506_76be1b59da_c.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Got this one to here. That's all the wheels tidied up, and the gun and mount tidied. Nothing fixed yet, just need some black on the tyres first.

Off to see my brother in Enschede next week, so no bench time for a week or so though.

52800811393_7014f1df5e_c.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Back at the bench, (at last), with this one. Some black on the cannon and wheels, and a couple of other bits coated to see what the joints are like.

Just need to decide on a colour scheme - buff, green, brown sounds good to me.

52872544868_80a6a553d6_c.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

A coat of buff applied - the masking of the wheels was a bit long-winded, but hopefully it will pay off. I didn't mask the guns - I'll hand paint them instead.

52919026474_7ff35bae5c_c.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A bit of colour on this now - it's a bit messy, but some heavy weathering will hide most of the rough spraying. Dry assembled just to get a feel for it as well.

A dummy run with the vinyl tracks showed they should fit ok as well, just as well as this is not my favourite part of AFV builds.

52979128624_562b8159b8_c.jpg

52978379252_a3171870da_c.jpg

• Like 3

All done - won't be able to do any gallery shots until next weekend though. All in all a nice little kit. Tidying up the parts was a little tedious, and the tracks weren't great, but It was plenty of fun, and it's another kit off the shelf of doom. Now for the the 2CV!

52983713222_998ddeeb0b_c.jpg

• Like 6

• Jinxman changed the title to Hasegawa Mini Box 14 - 1/72 8 Ton Half Track Quadruple 20mm AA Sd.Kfz.7/1 - kit MB-014:250 ++Finished++