1/72 Matchbox Lysander DIY cockpit help

phat trev

Starting two 1/72 Lysander builds, using the old Matchbox kits. Would anyone have 1/72 diagrams of the interior makeup, tube structure etc? Looking to build an internal structure to sized plans but cannot find any suitable.

16 hours ago, tempestfan said:

I think the Lysander featured in SMI's Hendon series - 1974/5? IIRC the article was accompanied by draings (Geoff Duval?), which should incorporate some interior detail.

According to my card index from back in the day the Lysander featured in Scale Models in February 1974 and September 1979 (with a cutaway). I should have these issues so PM me an email address for a scan

Mushroom Model Magazine Special - Westland Lysander by Kightly has a good range of interior photographs both vintage and survivors.  Not just instrument panel shots but structure as well.

The usual cautions about restored machines, etc, etc

17 hours ago, Orso said:

I built some interior for my Lysander and this is what I wrote afterwards: "Hardly anything is visible through the thick canopy so adding interior was a waste of time."  🙂

Yep, that was my experience too! 

8 hours ago, PatG said:

The Aircraft Archive 'Classics of WW2' has scale plans plus photos and an exploded diagram of the Lysander internals which may help.

Pat.

Yes, that would be the drawings that I think were published in SMI.

May I add that there was also a nice booklet by 4+, but that one may be hard to obtain.