CH-54A Cargo Pod

PeteH1969

Hello all Would anyone be interested on a 35th Cargo Pod to go under an ICM Tarhe?

38084505881_6b2b53a401_b.jpg

I don't know how long it will take to design or how much it will cost either as a printed kit or as just the 3D part files but I will offer it to Britmodeller members only in one form or the another.

Let me know your interest and I will run a Wip thread for it and keep you up to date?

Pete

Edited by PeteH1969
Wip Link Added
  • Thanks 1

Would not be too surprised if ICM do not follow up with a kit for the Transport Pod , Equipment Platform etc.

Just thinking of the rule of thumb of an older age - you just finish a scratch-built model/conversion when someone releases a vac-form and you just finish the vac-form when someone releases a full-production injection moulded kit of it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Des said:

Would not be too surprised if ICM do not follow up with a kit for the Transport Pod , Equipment Platform etc.

Just thinking of the rule of thumb of an older age - you just finish a scratch-built model/conversion when someone releases a vac-form and you just finish the vac-form when someone releases a full-production injection moulded kit of it.

Very True Des

Thinking of what is going on in ICM area of the world at the moment it can't hear to plan for the worst and hope for the best if they do end up doing one great if not then it's covered.

Pete

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I am working on the cargo/Medical pod for a 3D resin printer.

This is the first draft of it.  I know there are a lot of errors.  I am thinking about redoing it in SolidWorks from scratch, but this is a good foundation. 

Here is my WIP:

Cargo Pod 1    Cargo Pod 2

Here are the known flaws:

The hand/foot hold pockets are missing, 

Wheels and tires are missing.

No interior.

No Air Conditioning unit outside of the main ramp/doors.

No hang hook mounts. 

Wrong shape on the side opposite the ramp.

Anything else I missed?

Yes, I know that the windows need to be sanded.

I got this model from CGTrader as part of the CH-54 Helo model.   If I can make my own (I know I can, just if I want to) I can correct all of these in the model, and I could make the interior more accessible to model the interiors.

What interest is there out there?

I will be more than happy to share my files to anyone interested.

Edited by mclare