Japan aircraft modellers tour

Red Dot

Thanks Calum. They are great fun, especially the modellers aviation tour. Pm me and I will give you more information if you like

Andy 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just a follow up on this thread. The next modellers tour has been confirmed for March 2024 🙂

Give me a shout if you'd like more details

Andy

Edited by Red Dot
  • Like 1

OK. I'm officially "jealous"!

A nice photography session and a superb haul of goodies too. Did you have any problems with the glue (tam. extra thin?) with the airlines?

4 hours ago, Red Dot said:

Just a follow up on this thread. The next modellers tour has been confirmed for March 2014 🙂

Give me a shout if you'd like more details

Andy

2014?

Time machine included with the tour???😆

6 hours ago, hairystick said:

OK. I'm officially "jealous"!

A nice photography session and a superb haul of goodies too. Did you have any problems with the glue (tam. extra thin?) with the airlines?

2014?

Time machine included with the tour???😆

We had no issues with glue or thinners in suitcases

Andy

No, because the value of things bought was less than the tax limit, and I didn't declare them anyway!

I doubt customs would be worried about kits if you got stopped anyway.

Andy

• Like 2

We are planning a trip to Japan from late November to early December. I’ve gotta look some of these model shops up. Might send the wife and kids to Disneyland, whilst I organise a day pass to Leonardos, which looks to be my kinda version of a great day out! 

Cheers and thanks for the excellent photographs.. Dave 

6 hours ago, Cklasse said:

I am going on a trip to Japan in mid November too. 
Is it possible to list out the shops visited here so that we can visit. My favorite shop for model kits in Japan is Yodobashi Camera.

Sent a pm

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Red Dot said:

It certainly is Fuji-san.

Another trip is running next February. Why not come along?

Andy

Ah Thank you. What a majestic sight yo behold !!

Now  that sounds like a great invite Andy.

How does one go about finding out more information  on this stupendous  trip? you know like travelling  , cost   hotels etc ?

Something to think about for sure.

I have always wanted to go to Japan. 

:yahoo:

Edit;

Just found the 4Aviation site.

Perusal  awaits.

Thanks Andy.

HOUSTON.

Edited by HOUSTON

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just holidaying in Tokyo with the family at the moment with a few days still spare. I probably visited the best model shop in my life at Leonardo’s LG in Akiharbara, so thanks for the tip Andy @Red Dot. As the clan was in tow, I had to keep my visit fairly brief, but will hopefully do a solo return when it gets a little quieter. 

Also felt like a kid in a candy shop at Yodobashi, the back wall of modelling tools and accessories was just totally awesome. Unfortunately, the chap at the counter refused to sell me the set of Tamiya polishing compounds as were deemed ‘flammable’ and thus, unable to be transported by air. This annoyed me a bit, however he wasn’t going to budge so I had to leave them behind.

The prices were amazing cheap in comparison to what we pay for things in Australia. I would say we’re being fleeced somewhere in the order of 60 - 75% more for the same items, it honestly makes you feel a bit annoyed with what we pay, then having the privilege of usually adding postage to it as well! 

Cheers.. Dave