1/72 Junkers Ju52/3m/See - REVELL/ITALERI

cduckworth

Does anyone know if the 1/72 Junkers Ju52/3m/See (REVELL/ITALERI) allows one to build it in the civilian version?  The instructions aren’t all that clear.  I’m looking at buying a military kit but want to have the extra windows in the large fuselage doors to make into an airliner. 
thanks!

Hello,

I have one of the Italeri kits (half built residing on my shelf of doom) and it certainly has parts for both military transport and airliner.

252979-13634-65-pristine.jpg

Scalemates site:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-150-junkers-ju-52-3-m-tante-ju--252979

Instruction (from Scalemates webpage):

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/9/7/9/252979-53-instructions.pdf

Cheers

Jure

12 hours ago, cduckworth said:

bomber

The bottom of fuselage has vertical bomb bay openings and the ventral gunner position. There is a conversion set by Czech Owl company, i think.

I guess you mean prewar civilian version. Many military Ju 52s were converted for civilian use after the war.

It can of course be done, but would require much work. Start looking at these threads:

Nils

If you want the cargo door with widows you don't want the military version with floats. It only has one cargo hatch. the one with no windows.

For airliner seats you need to find the civilian version.

I’m planning on making a SCW bomber I’ve got the Crecy Ju-52 book and while it’s an excellent source it doesn’t cover the bomb bays.  Any one have a photo or diagram of what this looked like?