"Love Thy neighbour"- Part 2- 1/35

Finally finished the second part of my large diorama Liebe Deinen Nacthsten/Love thy neighbour and now hopefully Part one will make more sense. 20 figures, tamiya m8 greyhound, m10 wolverine, willys jeep. Its scratch built building and base and its all brush painted. I used the mini art  garage set and beer bottles crates, the czech hedgehog is from Tamiya and barb wire from yan models, the rest I made. The figures are tamiya, mini art with hornets heads, bravo six and royal models. I adapted the some of the figures, the jeep driver had his arm remoulded to be the machine gunner on watch outside the gasthoff, the M10 gun loader is the m8 beer loader! The m10 gunner is now the jeep mechanic. I added a walking stick and bag to the civilian.

Took a year on and off for both parts to complete. All feedback welcome.

Love thy

Love thy

Love thy

Love thy Love thy

Love thy Love thy

Love thy

I added the camo net, made from a hair net and treated moss I made the sandbags from milliput and the rickety stowage holder from styrene. 

Love thy

fada6ec5da543456dcb90188059c695a.jpg

Love thy Love thy Love thy Love thy

52745859806_be30e33d6b_b.jpg

Love thy Love thy

Love thy

Love thy Love thy

52746111994_d3ccc3317b_b.jpg 52746276955_b153dd8615_b.jpg 52746112229_8318d1eef0_b.jpg

Love thy

Love thy

Love thy

Love thy Love thy

Love thy

Love thy Love thy Love thy Love thy

The guy with dark hair and his back turned is cheating at cards, note the cards tucked under his elbow!

Love thy

The back:

52746112274_3354f7df98_b.jpg

A few pics of how part one fits in with part two:

52746277110_9f2ed2cb60_b.jpg

52745339657_4981b38a73_b.jpg 52746112314_4ac73dcea4_b.jpg

52746112014_a1c612ec81_b.jpg

These guys have started realise that their neighbours might not just be so friendly as they hear the Glen Miller being played from nextdoor.

52745339482_8f34993fc4_b.jpg

52746112279_bc0d743245_b.jpg

I made it so that the two parts of the broken church steeple fit together once both boards are lined up:

52745339682_6e61e62cc9_b.jpg 52746112319_1b7922b11e_b.jpg 52746112319_1b7922b11e_b.jpg

The link to part one is below:

Sorry its bit photo heavy and the quality of my pics aren't great as I really need to upgrade my camera at some stage.

All the best for now,

Paul

Edited by Muchmirth
Spelling
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Amazing work.  I really like how you've done the two and all those little details make ut very interesting. 

Keith 😁 

• Thanks 1

Very entertaining detail! You will have a scrap box full of figures and stuff, won't you? 'Liebe Deinen Nächsten' or for those that miss a few letters on their keyboard: 'Naechsten'.

Michael

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Toryu said:

Very entertaining detail! You will have a scrap box full of figures and stuff, won't you? 'Liebe Deinen Nächsten' or for those that miss a few letters on their keyboard: 'Naechsten'.

Michael

I do have a box of scrap but always end up finding a use…. Apologies for the poor spelling, that’s what you get for not finishing gcse German!! I checked on line but not now atleast I know what it should have been.

Thanks

Paul

@Keeff @Yg Models @sanfrandragon @Toryu @Model Mate and to all those who liked as well. Thank you all very much it really is appreciated. It was great to make (if a little stressful at times) I rushed to get it done in time for then Belfast show, pulling some late nights (up til 2:30am sometimes) to try get it finished in time…. Took it along whilst the paint was literally still drying haha. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Really impressive details and storytelling with those amazing figures. Lots of beer! One thing that did pop out at me was the way the vehicles didn't feel integrated into the scene in terms of impact. Like the muddy wheeled vehicle centred on a clean brick road, the jeep in the repair bay with a clean floor. Some wheel tracks, clumps, spills, etc. might be something to consider.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, marvinneko said:

Really impressive details and storytelling with those amazing figures. Lots of beer! One thing that did pop out at me was the way the vehicles didn't feel integrated into the scene in terms of impact. Like the muddy wheeled vehicle centred on a clean brick road, the jeep in the repair bay with a clean floor. Some wheel tracks, clumps, spills, etc. might be something to consider.

Yes I agree,👍 I missed a trick their. The greyhound especially would have dragged some mud out from the road behind. 
  Thanks for comments and for looking in. 
All the best, 

Paul

• 1 month later...

What a great diorama!!! There is so much going on, so many little stories. I've watched the photo's over and over again and everytime i discover something new! You really did a cracking job with this one!!!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maddoxx77 said:

What a great diorama!!! There is so much going on, so many little stories. I've watched the photo's over and over again and everytime i discover something new! You really did a cracking job with this one!!!!

Hey mate, thank you very much, much appreciated.

• Like 1