Fokker F-28 Fellowship Mk1000 by Juan Carlos Domizio

Hi everybody,
Hope this is the right spot where to post this but, surfing through the pages of a Facebook publication the other day, I came across this excellent rendering of the good-old Fokker F-28 Mk1000 kit in 1/72nd scale I thought I'd share here with you.
These are some takes of the resin works: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So far, I've only learnt that the medium is resin, and that the author offers different versions for decals. Apparently, versions are just for the aircraft in the service of the Argentine Air Force, the Armada and Aerolíneas Argentinas airline. There seems to be an option for deployable flaps as well.  
Some additional takes on the finished kit in the different services:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Last, I dunno what the kit exact dimensions may be in 1/72, but here's a good comparison for those of you who know what the F-28 dimensions are in 1/144th scale

spacer.png

Unfortunately, it's not my scale, but if you're interested, and you're a Facebook user, you might ask Juan Carlos Domizio about price and shipping quotes at his page here

Wish Juan Carlos would upscale this kit to 1/48. Hope you like it.

Cheers,

Igna

Edited by Pajarito
Forgot to upload the pictures
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

Not my usual area of interest, but those look pretty cool!

The pilots, however, look exactly like the Fuerza Aérea Paraguaya  Uruguaya guys from "Alive"... down to the sunglasses!

Edited by tempestfan

On 7/24/2023 at 9:47 AM, RidgeRunner said:

Excellent builds, Ignacio. I really like TC-52!

Hi Martin,

Thanks, my mate.

Indeed! If only Mr Domizio casted one for me in 1/48th scale, I would do this beauty down below:

spacer.png

Last time I checked, the price tag for the 1/72nd kits were US$150 :o

On 7/24/2023 at 11:37 AM, tempestfan said:

Not my usual area of interest, but those look pretty cool!

The pilots, however, look exactly like the Fuerza Aérea Paraguaya  Uruguaya guys from "Alive"... down to the sunglasses!

Hi Tempest Fan,

The F-28 Mk.1000 is such a little beauty. You very seldom see it in service these here days.

The crash on the Andes was a really sad one. I learnt about it through my older brother who used to play rugby in 1972. The aircraft was an F-27-400M, which is yet another aircraft I'd like to build in 1/48.

I've visited the crash site last year, as soon as the restrictions owing to the pandemic were lifted. It's an overwhelming place. Much more at night.

Cheers,

Igna

Very nice, Ignacio. I remember seeing great FAA and Armada machines when I was in Argentina in 2005, particularly at Trelew where there was a line of retired Electras and a P-3. :). They are machines I love :). I loved Argentina :).

Martin

• Like 1

Hi again, Martin.

Ah, Trelew. Quite windy, huh? 😄 I would have loved your crashing at home back then. Well, perhaps next time. 

The L-188 Electras and P-3 Orions are both well covered in Jorge Núñez Padín's Serie Aeronaval books #21 and #35 respectively; the latter shares info on the P-2 Neptunes as well. Just scream my name if you want 'em.

Cheers,

Igna

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I’ve looked online but cant find them :(. Its the Electra that interests me :)

Martin,

Okay, leave it out to me. It's much easier to find it down here. Give me a couple of days and I'll get back to you.

Cheers,

Igna

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...