Tim's M-35 truck - Completed

Joining you with this kit.  Bought at IPMS Gloucester show in 2018 - prob to pose as an airfield prop.

00-Academy-M35-Cargo-Truck.jpg

And that cheap price-tag would have helped the decision making.

Parts, still sealed in bags.

01-Parts.jpg

Offering these options.  One is Vietnam in drab, the other Baghdad in Desert.

02-Options.jpg

I'll probably go for something anonymous that could be used at any airbase.

• Like 9

Was considering entering one of these myself, as I picked one up at my local model show at the end of Feb, though for £9, not £2.99! I also intend to do mine as a USAF one. I remember seeing them at both Lakenheath and Mildenhall airshows in a line up of airfield vehicles. Trying to get a bit of a collection of 1/72 USAF airfield vehicles together, and this looks a nice kit.

• Like 1

It's a great truck, classic. I have the AFV club version in the stash, a leftover from Vietnam GB where I built two of the three kits I had in mind for that GB. I may throw it in as a quickie. Says I, with already too many builds going on :whistle:

Having been distracted by the Tracer, I've started.

Dark photo, but progressing the chassis.

10-Chassis.jpg

Fitting the cab.

11-truckbed.jpg

All the diffs and propshafts are there, but I broke what looks like an anti-roll bar.

12-underside.jpg

I think I'll crack on.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Decals and final details,  - completion.

This one Vietnam, but thousands of these would be serving in USA, UK, Germany, and elsewhere in the 1970s - so frequent visitors to US airbases. 

Academy-M35truck-FP.jpg

Academy-M35truck-FS.jpg

Nothing very difficult about the build, other than I painted the parts first - weakening the bonds.  Added to which it's very intricate, and fragile.  Several parts fell off during construction.  Difficult to get all wheels on the ground at the same time, as shown here.

Academy-M35truck-P.jpg

Academy-M35truck-RP.jpg

Academy-M35truck-S.jpg

It would be better served with hollow axle parts, for steel axles to pass thru, then the wheels would turn.

• Like 6