Well it's finally finished.  I've never been a quick builder, yet even by my standards this took along time.  However I've learnt alot along the way and this is definitely my best work so far, and most off all apart from a couple of home goals I've enjoyed the journey. 

The Tamiya kit is an oldie but goodie and if your just starting the hobby its a very good place to start. Whilst I wouldn't necessarily recommend the Motobitz transkit to absolute beginner it an absolute jem and I can't praise it enough.  Whilst it's true I didn't use all the transkit (due to the fact that these components didn't match my exact car) the bits I did use (the vast majority) fitted like a glove.

So here we go.

Firstly the obligatory link to my Work in Progress thread 

Next some of my favourite shoots of my 1 to 1 (which seamed to be alot easier to take than the model photos)

p?i=c48cb841250fc16ec9daa2dff4d3bb32

Some profile shots

p?i=b968af5cae96357a13b592b13f41de89

p?i=9420f9dac90027e2444051caa07a8db9

p?i=dca3a99493461bdaf681239d1c3adbfd

Next up the underside 

p?i=eaf9bbb781c3b88028dbf61734fd4d44

Now for the glamour shots

p?i=ad4f50973b05bd0e48b32cb84874758c

p?i=6c144fb53673a122faf3c9aa47906a15

p?i=920eeafbf2f6a1c892bffa782516b22e

p?i=5e10428bebe9131496ce223f2588d0c2

With my previous build

p?i=0483bf301599c02ad3c7c22a54cd425e

And if you will indulge me a little further 

p?i=653ea2fb54726bda2650bc258764a834

p?i=a3b90032eb2d15ba8d4688f7a356171c

p?i=8f31216a65352f15978e57fbc7c2ffae

Being a Caterham fan I for Christmas and Birthdays I will often receive Caterham themed presents,  such a t shirts and Pens etc.  However one of the more obscure presents has to be a 1991 Chris Rea tour programme, because the centre spread is a painting of Chris driving his car on a beach!   I've finally found a use for it

p?i=79caba5f6e73494776e749e5a0f743ab

This last one I simply call the Spiny (have to confess I was harder to achieve than I thought)

p?i=f4e02b36fc41aac39d4b3e0fc99db486

Thanks again for your patience - Andy

• Like 28

She's a real beauty Andy - and I say that about both your model & the real thing! Really enjoyed watching it come together in the wip!

Love the shot of your 1:1 with the lighthouse and the Spiny pic was well worth the effort!

Top work all round!

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It might have taken a while to complete, but that's been well worth the effort, it's been great to see it come together. You can really see the difference too when compared to Genesis (the yellow and silver one).

Good photography there too, the last photo (I'm honoured that you've named it after me :) ) is particularly good and as with the model the effort put into it shows in the result.

• Thanks 1

An excellent build and with the bespoke/scratch items you've certainly created a unique model. Great attention to detail, despite the battles along the way, congrats on getting there.

Edited by mbdesignart
typo
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @keefr22 @bigbadbadge @Alpha Delta 210 @Spiny @mbdesignart @Fnick @Windy37 @RichieW for you kind words.   As I said she's definitely the best model I have ever made and I'm sure alot of that is due to the tips, tricks and inspiration I have garnered from this forum.  Alpha Delta you are correct that is Happisburgh lighthouse (I live just north of Norwich so its not that far from me).  And yes I too think the last photo is the best, but credit were credit is due its a complete rip of spinys work (but don't tell him 😅) - Andy 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Toftdale said:

Alpha Delta you are correct that is Happisburgh lighthouse (I live just north of Norwich so its not that far from me). 

I thought so! My mum and dad had a static caravan in Happisburgh for many years (although I understand that the North Sea has claimed much of the site now.😟)

• Sad 1

Thanks for all these photos. 

As I said before your WIP was fantastic and the photos of the endresult are stunning. A perfect replica of the 1:1 as you also proofed with the photos of your original ride.  It was a pleasure to follow and somehow a pitty that the story came to it's end. Looking forward for your next WIP. 

Enjoy the upcoming spring in your Super7 in1/1

Marco F 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toftdale said:

And yes I too think the last photo is the best, but credit were credit is due its a complete rip of spinys work (but don't tell him 😅) - Andy 

I'd be happy to end up with a result like that. As they say, imitation is the best form of flattery 😄.

The trouble is that Michael Zumbrunn not only beat me to it by an awful lot of years, but his photography is leagues ahead of mine. Ah well, I can always dream of reaching his standard.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2023 at 21:21, Spiny said:

I'd be happy to end up with a result like that. As they say, imitation is the best form of flattery 😄.

The trouble is that Michael Zumbrunn not only beat me to it by an awful lot of years, but his photography is leagues ahead of mine. Ah well, I can always dream of reaching his standard.

I'm more than happy with the end result,  however there were a lot of outtakes along the way,  how people managed pre-digital I got now idea. Funnily enough I actually own a book of Michael  Zumbrunn's work which was a present from someone years ago and never really looked at it.  It's only since reading your comment that I've put two and two together.   I need to dust it of and have a study.

On 13/03/2023 at 20:32, Marco F. said:

Thanks for all these photos. 

As I said before your WIP was fantastic and the photos of the endresult are stunning. A perfect replica of the 1:1 as you also proofed with the photos of your original ride.  It was a pleasure to follow and somehow a pitty that the story came to it's end. Looking forward for your next WIP. 

Enjoy the upcoming spring in your Super7 in1/1

Marco F 

22 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

You have done a fantastic work here, capturing the essence of your 1/1 car perfectly! Very impressive!

Thank you gents, your comments are very kind - Andy

20 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

Oooohhhh nice!

I'm currently looking for a Caterham,  but they're a bit thin on the ground here in NL.

18 hours ago, Mippie said:

Lovely model! Makes me miss my one which I used to track. Brilliant little cars

Your obviously both men of impeccable taste 😁 - Andy

• Haha 2

On 19/03/2023 at 11:08, desert falcon said:

Both your Caterhams are looking fantastic !! 

And the driving season for the 1:1 is getting closer and closer  :) 

20 hours ago, Stickframe said:

This looks great! glad to see it all buttoned and looking sharp - well worth all the hard work!

Cheers

Nick

Thank you Gents, she's definitely my best work,  so it's only down hill from here 😅 - Andy 

• Like 1