WW1 air arms race book?

Bozothenutter

Repeated from my post in the WW1 section, apologies.

Is there  a book that details chronologically the development of fighter aircraft?

WW1 aircraft development seems to have moved at incredible pace, with new aircraft being (semi) retired after mere months because of obsolescence. 

I would like to know more of the 'action - reaction' in technology and tactics. 

..another vote for the books by Mark C. Wilkins published by Casemate ( British Fighter Aircraft in WWI: Design, Construction and Innovation - Casemate Illustrated Special)

• Thanks 1

Aircraft of World War I 1914-1918 by Jack Harris and Bob Pearson gives a good overview of aircraft development over the period.  The two authors are well respected for their WW1 knowledge.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

..another vote for the books by Mark C. Wilkins published by Casemate ( British Fighter Aircraft in WWI: Design, Construction and Innovation - Casemate Illustrated Special)

These look right up my street!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 4:16 PM, Bozothenutter said:

Is there  a book that details chronologically the development of fighter aircraft?

Received an email from Naval & Military Press today promoting the book Royal Aircraft Factory by Paul R. Hare discounted from £35 to £7.99  that might help with your search  -   https://www.naval-military-press.com/product/royal-aircraft-factory/)  -  WWI not my particular area but there are a lot of other heavily discounted titles for that period on their website.

• Thanks 1