South of the Rio Grande Chat

18 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

We have some great sign ups already but all are winged! How about some AFVs or ships or …… or …… ? ;)

I work in 1/48 scale and would love to do an AFV but I can't find decals unless anyone knows of some.

7 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi all!!! 

What a great start we have already! Just a word of caution - to temper the urge to put too much cement to styrene for just 5 more days - the GB doesn't get going until the 25th! So, plenty of prep time until then! ;)

Martin

4 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

That's what other GBs are for🤣

In my case the postal services and my ineptitude are the main issue. However a bit of luck and a clear few days will help clear the ground. The bonus will be another Mountain of Doom resident coming to life....

• Like 1

Although I voted for this Group Build in the bunfight, it appears I completely forgot to actually sign up for it - my mistake, just in time to correct this!  

I will add a Cuban Sea Fury to the lineup of this GB. Looking forward to seeing a lot of interesting exotic subjects coming up!!

Cheers,

Patrick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fox1_BE said:

Although I voted for this Group Build in the bunfight, it appears I completely forgot to actually sign up for it - my mistake, just in time to correct this!  

I will add a Cuban Sea Fury to the lineup of this GB. Looking forward to seeing a lot of interesting exotic subjects coming up!!

Cheers,

Patrick

Fantastic, Patrick!!! You are very welcome :)

Martin

• Like 2

I'm intending to do one or both of two Panama garrison 'pursuit ships' operating in the thirties. I have a Matchbox P-12E to hand, and have some varied P-36 kits about the place.

James

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

I'm intending to do one or both of two Panama garrison 'pursuit ships' operating in the thirties. I have a Matchbox P-12E to hand, and have some varied P-36 kits about the place.

James

Very nice, James. Welcome to the GB :)

Martin

@Wez

@zebra

@Corsairfoxfouruncle

@RAGATIGER

@TEMPESTMK5

@Rabbit Leader

@ModelingEdmontonian

@Angus Tura

@Hook

@Moggy

@javi.vt

@Mig88

@Marklo

@2996 Victor

@Mr T

@Bobby No Mac

@Andres Alvarado

@Wings unlevel

@cpoud117

@JOCKNEY

@CliffB

@modelling minion

@John Masters

@trickyrich

@PHIL B

@81-er

@Tim R-T-C

@Giorgio N

@stevej60

@SleeperService

@Cris Garcia

@SebTartar

@Dave Klaatu

@Pete in a shed

@Grandboof

@Pajarito

@Courageous

@franky boy

@exdraken

@Ryan Hothersall

@srkirad

@Ernie

@FortyEighter

@Claudio Moura

@Luke1199

@The Plastic Surgeon

@drake122

@juanjosky

@Wlad

@MrB17

Hi all! While I know that some of you have already outlined your plans for this Group Build, I thought drop a gentle prompt to others that it starts on Saturday, 25th May!!!

I’m really looking forward to seeing what can all collectively bring together. So, four days (and a few hours) to go!!! I’ll see you there soon!! :)

Martin

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Good moning Martin 

I am sorry but I don't think that I will be able to take part in this Gb ... 

Best regards 

Patrice  

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good moning Martin 

I am sorry but I don't think that I will be able to take part in this Gb ... 

Best regards 

Patrice  

Oh no, Patrice, that is a pity :(. I understand, of course. 

Martin

• Like 1

I've yet to decide my build, as soon as I choose a subject I'll start a thread!

Top choice at the moment is a Casa 212 from Argentina or Venezuela. One of my favourite online shops had the Special Hobby in the special offers section at a very tempting price with these markings in the box. The kit has yet to arrive though.

• Like 3

In a bid to not jinx myself and suffer from a loss of mojo, I'm delaying the thread creation until I have a clean(ish) bench and some time to get to work.

Hopefully, that should be at the beggining of June.

7 minutes ago, cpoud117 said:

I'm delaying the thread creation until I have a clean(ish) bench and some time to get to work.

A wise decision and much like me, actually. I have declared the Ecuadorean Kfir but actually I might go with a build of the Eduard F-51D in FAU marks. I had hoped to do that, using a Tamiya kit, for the Mustang STGB but ran out of time ;(

Martin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cpoud117 said:

a clean(ish) bench

What dark Magick be this? BURN THE HERETIC!  ;)

Cheers,

Andre

• Haha 5

Hi everybody!

I'm planning to make a Venezuelan Air Force C-123 with the Roden kit and keep it simple :)

t0F8NQ7.jpg

eZukKkC.jpg

SzbOM6u.jpg

I plan to build it with the ramp open and detail somewhat the cargo bay

I started it a long time ago, but the only things already built are the wheels, the extra tanks under the wings and the wings (no engines though :))

Is it allowed under the 25% rule?

Cheers, Moggy

• Like 6

15 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

@Wez

@zebra

@Corsairfoxfouruncle

@RAGATIGER

@TEMPESTMK5

@Rabbit Leader

@ModelingEdmontonian

@Angus Tura

@Hook

@Moggy

@javi.vt

@Mig88

@Marklo

@2996 Victor

@Mr T

@Bobby No Mac

@Andres Alvarado

@Wings unlevel

@cpoud117

@JOCKNEY

@CliffB

@modelling minion

@John Masters

@trickyrich

@PHIL B

@81-er

@Tim R-T-C

@Giorgio N

@stevej60

@SleeperService

@Cris Garcia

@SebTartar

@Dave Klaatu

@Pete in a shed

@Grandboof

@Pajarito

@Courageous

@franky boy

@exdraken

@Ryan Hothersall

@srkirad

@Ernie

@FortyEighter

@Claudio Moura

@Luke1199

@The Plastic Surgeon

@drake122

@juanjosky

@Wlad

@MrB17

Hi all! While I know that some of you have already outlined your plans for this Group Build, I thought drop a gentle prompt to others that it starts on Saturday, 25th May!!!

I’m really looking forward to seeing what can all collectively bring together. So, four days (and a few hours) to go!!! I’ll see you there soon!! :)

Martin

Hi Martin!

Maybe I can not initiate a new kit with this theme so, if possible, I would like return my F-5B Esci, 1/72, started some years ago but only rear fuselage worked. Is it allowed?

Thanks a lot.

Claudio

1 hour ago, Moggy said:

Hi everybody!

I'm planning to make a Venezuelan Air Force C-123 with the Roden kit and keep it simple :)

Hey4dKi.jpg

QsqAeva.jpg

I plan to build it with the ramp open and detail somewhat the cargo bay

I started it a long time ago, but the only things already built are the wheels, the extra tanks under the wings and the wings (no engines though :))

Is it allowed under the 25% rule?

Cheers, Moggy

Now you are talking, Moggy! Yes, based on what you describe! She should make a great 'heavy' contribution to our colourful and varied GB! Nice.

Martin

30 minutes ago, Claudio Moura said:

I would like return my F-5B Esci, 1/72, started some years ago but only rear fuselage worked. Is it allowed?

How much is built so far? If it sits within 25% complete you are good to go, and a F-5B would be very welcome!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moggy said:

Roden kit and keep it simple

Aren't those two mutually exclusive?  ;) 

Nice subject! 

• Haha 7

10 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Well, with a few days to go to the kick off we have already got:

GB Update 210524

I think you have some lines crossed ? Im listed as doing the AF-1A from Hobby2000. Yet above me is the Airfix F-80, I think someone got misplaced above or below me. ? 

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I think you have some lines crossed ? Im listed as doing the AF-1A from Hobby2000. Yet above me is the Airfix F-80, I think someone got misplaced above or below me. ? 

No Dennis, don’t read across the lines. This is simply a set of lists, giving totals of each category.:)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Now you are talking, Moggy! Yes, based on what you describe! She should make a great 'heavy' contribution to our colourful and varied GB! Nice.

Martin

How much is built so far? If it sits within 25% complete you are good to go, and a F-5B would be very welcome!!!!!!

Hi!!!

Well, I don't know exactly how much of the model this part represents, although visually it's half of the plane, it's certainly not half of the work. If you think I would like to post the photo here for everyone to evaluate as to whether it is possible or not, just let me know.

Thank you for your attention.
   Claudio

9 hours ago, Claudio Moura said:

Hi!!!

Well, I don't know exactly how much of the model this part represents, although visually it's half of the plane, it's certainly not half of the work. If you think I would like to post the photo here for everyone to evaluate as to whether it is possible or not, just let me know.

Thank you for your attention.
   Claudio

Yes, please post a photo so that we are all clear. :) I am very keen to have an F-5B in the GB but I have to be sure it fits within the guidelines :)

Thanks, Claudio 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Would an Argentinian built plane that saw fictional service in the Arctic be ok?

I was planning on scratch building an I.Ae 22-C in Tintin yellow

Edited by matford
  • Haha 1

The rules say that 'They must be/have been endemic of, or originating from, the area shown in the map below.' I would submit that it could be interpreted that an aircraft built in Argentina could be interpreted as being as 'originating from'. 

I am only a co-host and it is really 

up to Martin (Ridge Runner) for a definitive ruling. 

I am curious to know what you are planning to build. 

Hi Martin, on your build list yo have not included my Academy A37 from El Salvador