Heinkel He46 – AML 1/72

The model represents a He46 C of 1./NSGr.7, which operated from Agram (Zagreb) in 1943-44.

a

b

The camouflage scheme is in RLM 70/71/22, probably applied over the integral RLM 02 (or RLM 63) of the previous scheme.

c

f

e

The model is totally brushpainted with Vallejo colors; the nationality insignia decals come from the 'warehouse', while the alphabetic and numeric codes were printed by me. SC50 bombs, fitted with whistles, are Eduard 672-115.

d

g

WIP :

Hope you like it.
Thanks for your attention.
Giampiero Piva

• Like 43
  • Thanks 1

Very nice result!

I have done about 15 years ago one AML He46 convering it to 14 cylinders GR engine E variant in Hungarian service but I have a second one in stash, to do it one day in SCW  nationaliats colors. So I look at your improvements with interest...

Regards

Jerzy Wojtek

• Thanks 1

Giampiero, the copper wire that you have used to replicate the wing and tailplane ribs is very effective to my eyes.  I am wondering how you attached the wire so neatly, they all look straight and parallel!  In particular, are the ends fitted into small holes so the wires look rounded off at the ends?
Whatever you did, it looks great!

Dave

• Thanks 1

Hi Giampiero, always loved these forgotten planes used in unglamorous tasks, certainly inspired by equivalent use of Po2 on Russian side. One of these that I've had in mind, you know, " one day I'll do it " 😊, So glad to see it build , and in a such nice way !! You bring proof that " brush painted " can be equal if not better than airbrushed job. 

Hats off !! really ! 

Thanks for sharing  !! 

Congrats ! 

cheers !!

• Thanks 1

Great work. Could you please describe your method of applying copper wire for wing surface effect? I assume you used CA glue, but how did you manage to get it so neatly considering the nature of this glue?

Also how did you manage to keep all copper wire segments perfectly straight since it is very easily bent and keeps the shape?

Marko

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

Great work. Could you please describe your method of applying copper wire for wing surface effect? I assume you used CA glue, but how did you manage to get it so neatly considering the nature of this glue?

Also how did you manage to keep all copper wire segments perfectly straight since it is very easily bent and keeps the shape?

Marko

1 hour ago, Andy Dyck said:

As Joachim said. The original really was a beautiful construction, but it’s good to see this one here. Very nice workmanship!

Andy 

The procedure was as follows:

- I engraved the plastic where the copper cable segments should be positioned

- I glued the segments with acrylic glue along almost their entire length, leaving the ends free

- I glued the ends with cyanoacrylate

- I smoothed the ends with sandpaper

- finally I gave several coats of paint not too diluted.

HTH

Giampiero

• Thanks 2

I do not think I have ever seen this aircraft built in model form before.  One, I cannot believe this is an AML kit as they can be difficult to make, and two, the detail you have put into it makes it look like it should at least be in 1/48 scale.  Thanks for sharing such a wonderfully built and finished kit.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Giampiero Piva said:

The procedure was as follows:

- I engraved the plastic where the copper cable segments should be positioned

- I glued the segments with acrylic glue along almost their entire length, leaving the ends free

- I glued the ends with cyanoacrylate

- I smoothed the ends with sandpaper

- finally I gave several coats of paint not too diluted.

HTH

Giampiero

Thanks for the explanation. Which acrylic glue do you use?

• Like 1