1/72 dh dove airliner liveries

26 Decals did some . Among were sets for Silver City, Channel Airways, a private company and British Eagle which was one I did and posted here in RFI. But on looking at the 26 site they all appear to have  been removed ror some reason. Caracal did a set with a couple on it which might still be available.

Make sure you change the asymmetric horizontal tail surface, which featured on most Dove's and Devon's, I believe only early ones had symmetric tail surface, but always best to check which one you are building

14 hours ago, 26Decals said:

I still have my Dove laser decals available :)

The British Eagle one looks nice

@Mike Esposito I think HaHen has Dove decals for one of the German airlines (LTU maybe?) and I think there are also a couple of civvie options on the Xtradecal sheet.

• 2 months later...

The Aviation Hobby Shop, now sadly closed, used to sell an extensive range of 1/72 transfer sheets by S&M Decals of which some were dedicated to the Dove. Their range covered many UK based post war airlines. To the best of my knowledge, S&M Decals were produced by the late Mike Silk. Since the closure of TAHS, I have seen some of the S&M sheets advertised for sale from the Aviation Megastore. Additionally, Caracal did a couple of lovely sheets (CD72079 and CD72081), which were mainly military, with one civil option on each sheet.

I would say that the Aviation Megastore would be your best option.

I hope this helps.

Chris.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cngaero said:

The Aviation Hobby Shop, now sadly closed, used to sell an extensive range of 1/72 transfer sheets by S&M Decals of which some were dedicated to the Dove. Their range covered many UK based post war airlines. To the best of my knowledge, S&M Decals were produced by the late Mike Silk. Since the closure of TAHS, I have seen some of the S&M sheets advertised for sale from the Aviation Megastore. Additionally, Caracal did a couple of lovely sheets (CD72079 and CD72081), which were mainly military, with one civil option on each sheet.

I would say that the Aviation Megastore would be your best option.

I hope this helps.

Chris.

I actually did most of Mels Laser decals and some of the Screen printed and have incorporated some into the 26Decals range although I didn't do any Dove decals for him but did do some Herons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2023 at 9:40 PM, Orso said:

as my ALPS printer doesn't work I can't make the Triumph decal

Red lettering, to be applied over white, should be easy with just an inkjet. :)