Jagdtiger SDKFZ.186 Early/Late Takom "Blitz" "Last Hope Against Red Hordes" "Finished"

53 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for your follow, like and kind comments, i'm glad you like it.

In answer to your question, I usually use a piece of black cloth, trying to make it as smooth as possible, without wrinkles. I use good double lighting, a spotlight on each side (same type), daylight, about 5500K degrees. I think it is the most appropriate so that the white balance (previously chosen in the mobile settings), maintains the real color of the model. Once the photos are on the computer, I edit them with Photoshop, using the necessary tools so that the background fades, but making sure that the model is not altered, "erasing" or "filling in" with black the parts that do not. It's a bit labor intensive, but nothing special...lol. I also have a couple of sheets of plastic material that I bought on Amazon a long time ago (White, black and I think blue), but although I said it was matte, the light hits and there are shines.... I've recently seen some plastic sheets from the "GREEN STUFF" brand, which are for that, and it says they are "Ultra-matte"....I haven't tried them yet, but maybe it's true and they are what they say. They are not expensive either and there are three sizes.

I hope you find it useful.-

Cheers

Francis.👍

Cheers Francis, thanks for the tips, I’d like to get a crack at this, not sure if I’ll be able to pull it off but worth a shot.

All the best,

Paul

• Thanks 1

Superb rendition! And the wartime pic is outstanding👍👍👍👍👍👍

It is a pity the little silvering on digits. Anyway a great result. Well done!

ciao Filippo

• Thanks 1

On 13/03/2023 at 11:06, echen said:

Spot on! Captures the "massiveness" (new word?) of the original just right. The cam and well-worn weathering sets off the build perfectly. :goodjob:

Hi echen,

Many thanks for your kind words, much appreciated, i'm glad you like it.

New word, why not?...lol, you're quite right, it's a real behemoth.

Cheers

Francis.👍

13 hours ago, Muchmirth said:

Cheers Francis, thanks for the tips, I’d like to get a crack at this, not sure if I’ll be able to pull it off but worth a shot.

All the best,

Paul

Hi Paul,

It's worth trying, the first time it doesn't turn out as we would like, but with will, I'm sure you'll get very good results, and it really isn't that difficult. I hope to see some of your work soon.

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

On 14/03/2023 at 16:42, IanC said:

Fantastic model! That last 'wartime' photo is superb. 😃

Hi IanC,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, much appreciated, i'm glad you like it.

Yep, I like that "photo" too, although it's not as good as I'd like, I think it shows the title of the topic very well.

Cheers

Francis.👍

As previously mentioned, the massiveness of these beasts comes across so well in your pictures. The build is superb and the weathering and that sets it off really well.

Top job, have a cup of tea to celebrate 

• Thanks 1

On 14/03/2023 at 22:28, Tom W. said:

Very neat paint job, gentle weathering and real signs of use. Plus the size of this vehicle makes the model look downright majestic.

I can see by the inscriptions on the last b&w photo that the Jagdtiger is standing somewhere in Poland. Exactly between a toy shop and a hair salon and furniture shop :) . In the last days of the war, it is unlikely that there was anything German left standing ;)

Very :goodjob: this time in yellow!

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for your like and most kind and informative/accurate comments, much appreciated.🙂

Not everyone has a mate who knows how to read that...😎, very curious and casual, I like it even more...lol

And if this time, in yellow, it seems that I have been inspired, after trying many times, but it seems that for some next model the experience will help me, in addition to listening to music that accompanies the session very well, Basia "slipped" several times ...🙃

Cheers

Francis.👍

On 15/03/2023 at 00:02, Solexman said:

That, Sir, is absolutely awesome! Very well done. Like be the tracks in particular. Fantastic work. 

Hi Solexman,

Many thanks for your most kind words, i'm glad you like it,

The tracks are not Friuls or real metal, but I always try to make them look like ones like that...🙃

Cheers

Francis.👍

On 15/03/2023 at 13:30, ErikT said:

Sweet mother!  I can't tell you what my favourite part is, because the whole thing is gorgeous!  I'm suspicious that you've cheated and just taken photos of a real Jagdtiger you have stashed away in your house...

Hi ErikT,

Many thanks for your most kind comments, i'm glad you like it.

My house is pretty big, but not big enough to fit one of these at life size...😁

But it is the best compliment for a modeler, I think, that those who see the model are capable of thinking that it is like a real one.

Cheers

Francis.👍

On 16/03/2023 at 18:24, Nenad Ilijic said:

Excellent work Francis. Painting and weathering are top-notch!

Cheers,

Nenad

Hi Nenad,

Many thanks for your like and most kind words, much appreciated, i'm glad you like it,

Cheers

Francis.👍

On 16/03/2023 at 22:07, The_Lancaster said:

Nice work Francis! The way you’ve broken up the otherwise monotone camouflage with weathering is impressive! 

Hi The_Lancaster,

Many thanks for your like and most kind words, much appreciated, i'm glaf you like it.

Personally, for me, it is easier to work with one color than with several, being the camo, something more difficult to "nail"

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Like 1

• FrancisGL changed the title to Jagdtiger SDKFZ.186 Early/Late Takom "Blitz" "Last Hope Against Red Hordes" "Finished"

Wooo Weeee:shocked:  That is fantastic Francis!  @FrancisGL  It's not everyday that we see armor with even the belly weathered, and yes, it's those little things that make the difference between great and awesome.  :clap2:  And, this is an awesome scale model!   And I agree with other comments, that last wartime pic is so cool.   Francis, the realism here is "off the chain"!    :worthy:

Here's your trophy sir, you've certainly earned it. 🏆  :D

Edited by Gary Brantley
added info
  • Thanks 1

On 31/03/2023 at 21:41, Gary Brantley said:

Wooo Weeee:shocked:  That is fantastic Francis!  @FrancisGL  It's not everyday that we see armor with even the belly weathered, and yes, it's those little things that make the difference between great and awesome.  :clap2:  And, this is an awesome scale model!   And I agree with other comments, that last wartime pic is so cool.   Francis, the realism here is "off the chain"!    :worthy:

Here's your trophy sir, you've certainly earned it. 🏆  :D

Hi Gary,

Many thanks for your like, follow, and the kindest words I've ever heard, much appreciated pal.

Although it's a bit "boring", the belly is part of the model, and I think you have to pay attention to it too, it's true that you don't normally see it, obviously, but, if someone with knowledge at a given moment manipulates the model 🧐(with you Excuse me, 😁...), I would be very "embarrassed"😳, because it seems like an unfinished job, or in a hurry to finish it anyway.
This belly is not particularly "interesting", but there are models that do have a number of "pieces" and "reliefs", which once treated, look very good.
When I tried to put a photo in grayscale, I quickly saw that one of them was very suggestive, and although it is not an impeccable job, I decided to do that little montage, and modesty aside, I really liked it, so I published it.
Thank you very much for the trophy, pal, I really would like to win something one day...🙃, and it doesn't seem like I've had much success with the model in the forum, honestly, I expected a little more comments and feedback.
I think that being something creative, it's very subjective deep down, and what we like, others don't necessarily like...🙄

Cheers

Francis.:beer:

• Like 2

On 21/03/2023 at 21:48, Maddoxx77 said:

This turned out great!!! The details are so well done. The overall look of a battered tank without overdoing it. 

You've done a cracking job Francis!!!! 

Hi Maddoxx,

Many thanks for your like and most kind comments, much appreciated, i'm glad you like it.

I hope the next one turns out a little better if possible...

Cheers

Francis.👍

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

On 22/03/2023 at 20:26, Phil1960 said:

Superb rendition! And the wartime pic is outstanding👍👍👍👍👍👍

It is a pity the little silvering on digits. Anyway a great result. Well done!

ciao Filippo

Hi Phil,

Many thanks for your kind comments, i',m glad you like it.

It seems that it is a general problem with the decals of these kits, it also happened to another mate who made a JT Porsche, and he did what I should have done, he removed it and tried again...
Actually, the ones offered by the kit are very bad, and it is quite difficult not to notice the silvering.
Even so, I didn't see the effect until the model was already finished, because it depends on the angle you look at and the light that falls on it...🧐🙄

Cheers

Francis.👍

On 24/03/2023 at 14:28, Watto said:

As previously mentioned, the massiveness of these beasts comes across so well in your pictures. The build is superb and the weathering and that sets it off really well.

Top job, have a cup of tea to celebrate 

Hi Watto,

Many thanks for your kind comments, much appreciated, i'm glad you like it,

I think that the photos are a highly recommended/necessary complement, to show the work we have done, for others, and it is a very useful tool to inspect the model, and correct all kinds of errors that may be hidden...
Now, if I had a cup of coffee, or tea🫖 , later, it should already be a :beer:...lol

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, bissyboat said:

True work of art. Nicely done Francis. 🙌

Hi bissyboat,

Many thanks for your most kind comments and like, i'm glad you like it, much appreciated mate.

Cheers

Francis.👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2023 at 00:06, Carius said:

Hi my friend, you have done a superb job. I love it.

Cheers :cheers:

Cesar

Hi Cesar,

Many thanks for your like and most kind comments, much appreciated, i'm glad you like it.

Many thanks too for your follow, I'll do it too.

Cheers 

Francis.👌

• Thanks 1

On 28/07/2023 at 23:27, edjbartos said:

Great work Francis, beautifully painted and weathered, well done...👍

Ed

Hi Ed,

Many thaks for your kind words, much appreciated, i'm glad you like it.

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Like 1