j6qwspP.jpg

t16am79.jpg

2RU0ENP.jpg

EP1DIL8.jpg

3dogEQC.jpg

hGaq0XI.jpg

GncV3qD.jpg

LwGN417.jpg

No it wasn't an easy build - the work required to get the underside of the LERX's to meet the fuselage was extensive and needed cutting, plastic card, lots of PSR and a fair helping of harsh language. Strangely I found it all to be challenging in a good way and actually enjoyed the whole process. Had the kit and the decals for years and years and was never any doubt which of the three options on the sheet that I was going to build.  Paint is Mr Color lacquers (Extra Dark Sea Grey, Dark Compass Grey and Light Compass Grey for the drop-tanks.). The typical Harrier soot and staining is all done with W&N Oils.  The loadout may be a little anachronistic, it's not too far beyond the realms of possibility for a shore-based aircraft on a live-training hop.

Please feel free to ask any questions, make any comments or hurl any insults. All the best from NZ.

Ian.

• Like 61
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Richard S said:

That is really nice, excuse my ignorance but what is being carried on the centre line pylon?

Thanks matey, it's a targeting pod, Richard, Litening / Lightning II if I remember correctly.

Ian.

Ian, I like this color scheme on the Harrier.  The weapons load of the Mk.82 Snake eye bombs makes it look even more intimidating and tough.  You tamed the beast even with all of the kit`s faults.  It turned out great.  :goodjob:

Mike

• Thanks 1