Ki-21 ICM 1/72 Machine Gun upgrade by Mini World

silver11

Hello fellow modelers, especially those who are interested in WWII Japanese aviation. 

As you probably already know, ICM has released the new kit of Ki-21 in the 1/72 scale. And another Ukranian producer who specialized in machine guns in 1/72 announced that they are working on the machine gun upgrade for this kit. The work is in its final stages, and the kit should be available soon.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

And here are a few pictures from developing the master model

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by silver11
Inserted viewable photos
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4

On 3/9/2023 at 6:15 PM, PatG said:

Quite stunning but sadly given the size of the parts it is well beyond my modest skills and even more modest eye sight! 

Pat.

Hi Pat,

I think you misinterpreted my pictures; the bottom is not the assembly of the gun; it is the process of making a master model. The gun itself composes only of a few parts.

• Like 2

Thanks for clarifying but even with the actual parts break down sadly my eyes and hands are still not up to the job.

As I'm discovering on an almost on daily basis growing old has very little to recommend it!

Pat.

• Like 1

WOW. That is really just amazing.

It is possible for an accessory to be TOO good? If that thing were sitting atop a model I built...no one would look at anything else!

Edited by MDriskill
  • Like 2

Mini World's guns are like little pieces of fine jewelry. I will be waiting patiently for them to release that Japanese Army Twin Type 89 Machine Gun in 1/48 scale as I have several Choroszy Modelbud 1930s Japanese aircraft models that are crying out for that upgrade. To give you another look at what Mini World's products are like here is their 1/48 cast brass Russian ShKAS gun in a mostly scratchbuilt Tur-8 mount ready to equip the AMG Polikarpov R-5 I have been slowly working to convert to a model of the R-5ZZZ light ground attack aircraft. For perspective the outer diameter of the turret ring is a little smaller than a USA dime.

spacer.png

Edited by bjohns5
Changed image
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...