kit recommendations BCATP

marvinneko

• 1 month later...
On 27/03/2023 at 16:52, RET said:

Glad you enjoyed Heritagecon - it was a bit overwhelming at times and I've never seen it so well attended. Glad to hear you were also able to secure some deals - there was lots there to see. I'll warn you - there's another show coming up at the end of May and it might be a bit easier for you to get to: Torcan Model Show 2023 brought to you by Peel Scale Modelers - torcanscalemodelshow.com. you might be able to take the TTC to Kipling or Islington and then a cab. See what you think,

Cheers - ret

(you may have seen my Space Shuttle stack and Apollo CSM at the show)

Thanks for the heads-up. I went to Torcan today (TTC+GO+Brampton transit are seamless).

Crazy deals all in 1/72. Picked up 3 Fairey Battles (pair of airfix for $5, 1 MPM for $20), Anson for $3, a trio of Texans for $5 and a pair of Venturas for $20.) Basically 9 kits for the cost of one shipped on ebay.

Some nice entries for the contest, too.

Glad to hear you had a good time at the show! If I had known, I'd have said Hi - of course there were a lot of folks there though. I was able to pick up a few deals myself and won a couple of medals in 2 categories - so I was happy. Heritagecon and Torcan are the 2 major shows that are close for you. There are some more in the fall, but in Ottawa, Waterloo and London if you feel like a trip.

All the best - cheers - rt

On 27/05/2023 at 22:56, RET said:

Glad to hear you had a good time at the show! If I had known, I'd have said Hi - of course there were a lot of folks there though. I was able to pick up a few deals myself and won a couple of medals in 2 categories - so I was happy. Heritagecon and Torcan are the 2 major shows that are close for you. There are some more in the fall, but in Ottawa, Waterloo and London if you feel like a trip.

All the best - cheers - rt

I should've mentioned before I went. It's all pretty new to me.

Congrats on the medals! Which entries were yours? 

I saw a nice Airfix Fairey Battle there. I wouldn't mind talking to the fellow to get some tips for the two I picked up.

I may go to the Ottawa show as my parents live in the city.

No worries - eventually everyone meets everyone 🙂

I had 2 wins in 1/72 biplanes - a Nieuport 17 and a Hawk P-6E. As well I had 2 real space wins - a 1/32 Apollo CSM and the large Shuttle.

I've never been to the show in Ottawa but hear it's really good as well. Of course there's also the Aircraft Museum, which I'm sure you know. You'll have to let me know how it is if you go.

Take care - ret