1/48 Gloster Gladiator rigging

simonj

Well,, it is sad!

So, the flat etched wires I never achieved a good result. I use my rigging technique I often refered to. Please check my posts. I have a detailed description on how to do. Check also my WNW models. 

Happy modelling 

Photo-etch would be worse, Sir. Very hard to handle, and if accurately sized requires perfect alignment.

In 1/48 you might be able to get away with 10 thou/quarter mm Plastruct rod. It scales up to about a half inch, which is overscale but not much. The stuff isn't costly, you can measure with a tool or a gauge piece, and slot in with white glue or CA gel and kicker. If accurately measured it ought to run straight. There's stiff wires run a bit thinner. I think 10thou x 20thou strip probably overscales the flat width of 'raf wire', but it might do.

Sorry to hear this too, I am not keen on PE riggingand prefer elastic (Prym knitting in elastic) or invisible thread.

What issues are you having?

With the invisible thread I drill a blind hole in the lower wing and glue tge end of the invisible thread in once set I feed it through the corresponding hole which I have drilled right through the upper wing, when I have done those I add some Bulldog clips to the loose end of the thread and then turn it upside down and run CA glue into the hole and leave to set before trimming and filling.

The elastic thread can be glued in one blind hole then glued in the other straight away.  Itmight help using a bit of blue tac to hold in place and glue that way you don't have to hold in position.

Hope this helps

Chris