Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I PR Type B, KP Models 1/72, now Eduard 1/48!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2996 Victor changed the title to Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I PR Type B, KP Models, 1/72, now Eduard 1/48!

Welcome back, dear friends! Here's where the Eduard 1/48 build starts! Hopefully, this one'll reach fruition :D 

Obligatory box and sprue shots:

IMG-20230425-145443144.jpg

IMG-20230425-151708367.jpg

IMG-20230425-151722424.jpg

IMG-20230425-151747358.jpg

IMG-20230425-152153102.jpg

IMG-20230425-151812148.jpg

Apologies for the slightly murky phone camera photos, I need to charge the battery in my proper camera! The second set of mouldings will be aside for building Pedro Hanbury's 602 Sqn Spitfire Mk.I, one of the box schemes, which will eventually go alongside a 260 Sqn Kittyhawk in his markings.

Time to wash the mouldings :evil_laugh:

Cheers for now,

Mark

• Like 3

• 2996 Victor changed the title to Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I PR Type B, KP Models 1/72, now Eduard 1/48!
  • 5 weeks later...

Been a bit distracted with other builds recently, but just to prove that the new, larger, Type B isn't dead in the water, here are a few pics of some cockpitty work:

IMG-4959.jpg

IMG-4961.jpg

IMG-4964.jpg

The detail is very nice and the fit is exemplary! I need to take a trip to my LMS at the weekend to stock up on a few paints, so I can flip up a batch of "Supermarine Interior Green" and move this on a bit more.

Cheers for now,

Mark

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, opus999 said:

Oh! I hadn't realized you switched scales.  I'm a little bummed that the 1/72 was collateral damage, but I'm looking forward to the new one. :D

Yes, somehow I just wasn't getting the enjoyment from them. I don't know whether the bigger scale will help, but there's certainly less of each kit that's fiddly, which is good for ham fisted klutzes like me! :D Fingers crossed, anyway.

All the best,

Mark 

8 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Yes, somehow I just wasn't getting the enjoyment from them. I don't know whether the bigger scale will help, but there's certainly less of each kit that's fiddly, which is good for ham fisted klutzes like me! :D Fingers crossed, anyway.

All the best,

Mark 

That's understandable.  Here's hoping it helps! 🤞

47 minutes ago, opus999 said:

That's understandable.  Here's hoping it helps! 🤞

Well, I've managed a bit today, along with starting my Wurger in the Southern Europe GB, so hopefully! :) There may be some pics tomorrow.....

Cheers,

Mark 

• Like 1