Republic F-84 Jet fighter series STGB Chat

• 2 weeks later...

Great! I will forward to “seeing” you if we get through! It would be a pity if we don't as 2023 is turning out to be a milestone year with the release of two F-84F kits after having nothing on the horizon :)

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 8:24 AM, Stefan Buysse said:

Hi,

Yes, I'm always interested in Thunderjets and Thunderstreaks.

I built my first Monogram F-84F in the late 1980's and it's still the only one.

Cheers, Stefan.

My apologies, Stefan. I missed you post! All corrected now.

Martin

We are now half way and with the future release of the SH kit i hope interest will now increase! :) 🤞

Dang I was in my local( sort of ) model shop and had an F84 in my hand that was marked down to €9.99 because the box was damaged and didn’t buy it… still they had three so they might still be there in my next visit.

19 minutes ago, Wez said:

Just checking with @Enzo the Magnificent would this be classed as an STGB?

I think so.   We have an STGB for F-8 Crusaders and A-7 Corsiars which sets the precedent.

I think the XF-84H would also be eligible for this, maybe even the XF-91.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

I think so.   We have an STGB for F-8 Crusaders and A-7 Corsiars which sets the precedent.

I think the XF-84H would also be eligible for this, maybe even the XF-91.

Thanks for the clarification Enzo.

@RidgeRunner that's good news, it means we only have to secure 25 to get into the STGB bunfight BUT I can't understand why this STGB wouldn't have far more entries than that?

8 minutes ago, Wez said:

Thanks for the clarification Enzo.

@RidgeRunner that's good news, it means we only have to secure 25 to get into the STGB bunfight BUT I can't understand why this STGB wouldn't have far more entries than that?

I’m happy if it just gets through, however the mechanism works. My hope is that many will see the opportunity with the upcoming kits and will also grasp the wealth of subjects.

• Like 1

• RidgeRunner changed the title to Republic F-84 Jet fighter series STGB in 2024 .... any interest?

This would be a nice opportunity to get a few Sword kits done, with an old Italeri thrown in as well. 

And with a bit of luck a Special Hobby.   :) 

Cheers,

Andre 

On 3/25/2023 at 8:17 AM, Marklo said:

Dang I was in my local( sort of ) model shop and had an F84 in my hand that was marked down to €9.99 because the box was damaged and didn’t buy it… still they had three so they might still be there in my next visit.

I’ll take that as a “yes” ;)

16 hours ago, Jinxman said:

Yes please Martin. I fancy a 1/72 F-84G combo-comparison build. Tamiya, Academy, Heller (Aeromaster). Loads of schemes to chose from.🤯

Welcome along, mate

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Sign me up Martin, I reckon I can find a subject among my stock without any problems. :)

Steve.

Welcome the Kartveli gang, Steve :)

1 hour ago, Hook said:

This would be a nice opportunity to get a few Sword kits done, with an old Italeri thrown in as well. 

And with a bit of luck a Special Hobby.   :) 

Cheers,

Andre 

Excellent, Andre! :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Hi Martin, I thought you would have just added me in for this! 🤣

That's a big yes for me even though I might have done a couple in the meantime!

It would be wrong not to have you  joining in, Martin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• RidgeRunner changed the title to Republic F-84 Jet fighter series STGB in 2024 .... any interest? 80% signed up already!!!

I have not been able to get to the stash in the loft at the moment, back playing up. But I am sure that I have a Tan Model RF-84F up there and if not that at least a Heller version, so please add my name to the list.

2 hours ago, Jabba said:

I have not been able to get to the stash in the loft at the moment, back playing up. But I am sure that I have a Tan Model RF-84F up there and if not that at least a Heller version, so please add my name to the list.

You're in, mate!