Blackburn Buccaneer S.2C XN981 026/R - Airfix 1/48

2 hours ago, AntPhillips said:

Beautiful build and finish Ben, I look forward to seeing the STOVL trio in due course.

Once I've completed the first Kinetic Harrier I've got another to build 🙃 not quite the easiest... 

1 hour ago, ian1485 said:

Imposing looking beast! Well done. Maybe slightly too matt? Could be just the lighting….

Possibly slightly too satin, strangely it looks matt under natural light! Not quite glossy as the Phantom I made previously, this may be why it appears slightly lighter. 

Absolutely fantabulous! Brilliant work! I've always been a big fan of the Bucc, and this beautiful model doesn't disappoint. I don't know exactly what it is about the Buccaneer - I guess it's both sturdy and shapely at the same time, rather like a few women I've known.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comment added.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

That's beautiful, the 'satin' finish looks just right to me for a 1/48 model. It's also great to see something that hasn't been 'weathered' to the extent that it looks like it escaped from the base fire dump!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, CJP said:

Lovely Buccaneer - nice smooth finish - which ejection seats did you use?

CJP

Thanks! They were the pavla set, which seem impossible to get hold of now. I actually bought them to replace the seats in the old Airfix Bucc I had, I sold that kit and bought the new one, but kept the seats. 

8 hours ago, hopkp said:

That's beautiful, the 'satin' finish looks just right to me for a 1/48 model. It's also great to see something that hasn't been 'weathered' to the extent that it looks like it escaped from the base fire dump!

Cheers :) I agree on the weathering, some aircraft really did get filthy (especially if it's a helicopter!), I weather my models with reference to contemporary photos, almost all show the FAA Buccs fairly clean and glossy/satin. 

Really nice. Have to agree ... the best yet from Airfix. 

Now how many Bucc's do we need to build before they bring out the Phantom?  

You do get the feeling that they are doing Ark's flight line with the Gannet coming out. 

Great work as ever Ben.

What next??

Dick

• Like 1

Great, great build there Ben. It has turned out superb.

Well Done, Sir

P.S. I agree with Jenko......it can only be a matter of time before Airfix tackle the spey-engined Phantoms......if they were anything like the Buccaneer they would sell by the bucketload.

• Like 2