The Spadgents 2022 yearbook.

The Spadgent

Hi guys.

2022 was not a good year at Ches Spadgent. My youngest has been going through hell with depression and other issues after Covid. It's heart breaking to try and get a teenager through this rough time not to mention the toil it's been taking on

myself and the family, in spite of this modelling and BM activities did take place.

I visited the 453rd Bomber museum that is run by the one and only James Clarey. “Jim” whose hospitality was second to none. If you get the chance go visit.

I stayed with wonderful @CedB @giemme had a great drinking time with previous and @Fritag  And spent the whole day with @tomprobert @woody37 @general melchett new BM friends met IRL as the kids say.

52150868802_7faafa370f_b.jpg

and I attended my first ever Telford to boot!!!  meeting the wonderful people of BM for a few hours that will be extended this year for sure. 

52496757342_d3ce89cf10_b.jpg

@81-er @perdu @Fritag @Ex-FAAWAFU @CedB @Brandy @AdrianMF @Terry1954 @Heather Kay @Martian

52496757337_467a5f4e3a_b.jpg

Me @woody37 @tomprobert @Fritag @general melchett

I exited the year on a very different footing to where we were at the beginning. This was due to various things but no small part of it was due to having our beautiful hobby, this site ( thanks @Mike and the admins ) and the folk therein. Actually meeting up with new friends in the real world helped immensely. ♥️ It shows our hobby does really help the mind as well as the soul. 🤗

Thanks to all that help me by looking in on my builds, You're all fantastic!!!

PS. The situation with my youngest is also getting much much better, we're not out of the woods yet but there is light. ☀️

pps.  "Get on with it!!!"   Ok sorry. Here we go. Still need to do a couple of RFI's. I'll pop them up when the weather gets better.

Take care Y'all

Johnny. 

From Russia With Love. MI-24A HIND. 1/72 by Zvezda

52207286415_a0346ab9db_b.jpg

WIP

RFI

Dewey #1

Silent Running

Modelled in 3D Studio Max & Printed with Elegoo Mars 2Pro

52308556336_d158ff6a00_b.jpg

WIP

RFI

Camouflage and custard. Dual Tiger Moth Build. 1/48

52207110885_ab6d6f9932_b.jpg 52205772877_64b462ff51_b.jpg

WIP

RFI

Bless my soul it’s a Fairey Firefly in 1/48 by Trumpeter

52540790183_88985d6cbc_b.jpg

WIP

RFI

And there we have it.  Hope you like the builds.

Johnny.

• Like 19

It was great to meet you (and the others :) ) back in June, Johnny!  

I love your models, you know that :clap:  :clap:

I had no idea your son was going through such trouble - glad to hear things are better now, though :thumbsup:

Ciao 

• Thanks 1

Johnny, thanks for posting, glad to see that you feel you can now post about your year. So sorry to hear about your son's mental health issues - it takes a big toll on family life. It was great to meet you and see the gang at SMW - next year is already booked!

I love the paintwork on all your models (Mirage 😍). Your MI-24A is amazing, so good I could almost forgive it for being a helicopter!

Almost...

Keep on going and hope your 2023 is a better year than 22!

Regards,

Adrian

• Thanks 1

I'm really sorry to hear about your youngest's MH issues, but I'm also glad to hear that things are improving. I've had my own struggles with MH since I was a teenager and my eldest has severe anxiety, so I’m well aware of how difficult it must be for you all. Very much hoping 2023 is a better year for you all!

It was lovely to get the chance to meet you (and the rest of the BM crowd) at Telford, my room is booked for this year already :D

I’ve enjoyed following your builds (as seeing the great results you turn out) and plan to continue occupying a pew for this year’s projects as well. That Mirage is turning out very nicely indeed

James

• Like 1

On 05/03/2023 at 12:54, giemme said:

It was great to meet you (and the others :) ) back in June, Johnny!  

I love your models, you know that :clap:  :clap:

I had no idea your son was going through such trouble - glad to hear things are better now, though :thumbsup:

Ciao 

On 05/03/2023 at 13:36, AdrianMF said:

Johnny, thanks for posting, glad to see that you feel you can now post about your year. So sorry to hear about your son's mental health issues - it takes a big toll on family life. It was great to meet you and see the gang at SMW - next year is already booked!

I love the paintwork on all your models (Mirage 😍). Your MI-24A is amazing, so good I could almost forgive it for being a helicopter!

Almost...

Keep on going and hope your 2023 is a better year than 22!

Regards,

Adrian

On 06/03/2023 at 09:25, 81-er said:

I'm really sorry to hear about your youngest's MH issues, but I'm also glad to hear that things are improving. I've had my own struggles with MH since I was a teenager and my eldest has severe anxiety, so I’m well aware of how difficult it must be for you all. Very much hoping 2023 is a better year for you all!

It was lovely to get the chance to meet you (and the rest of the BM crowd) at Telford, my room is booked for this year already :D

I’ve enjoyed following your builds (as seeing the great results you turn out) and plan to continue occupying a pew for this year’s projects as well. That Mirage is turning out very nicely indeed

James

Thanks guys. It’s nice that this place feels safe enough to talk about issues like this without any judgement. It’s been a struggle for sure but I think that making the decision to go meet you lot for real totally helped me sort myself out and I thank you for that. I need to book a hotel for next year so I can stay for the meal and a few drinks.  And @AdrianMF Nowt wrong with the odd flying piano now and again. 🚁🤣

• Like 2

On 3/4/2023 at 2:23 AM, The Spadgent said:

PS. The situation with my youngest is also getting much much better, we're not out of the woods yet but where is light. ☀️

Very glad to hear he's making progress, the poor fellow. It is very much a process, but with the support you and yours are giving him, he'll make it. More power to you.

As always, your builds are fun to watch and the techniques used are inspirational. I particularly enjoyed the Dewey build, but they've all been great!

Here's to a brighter, shinier year for you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Laidlaw said:

Very glad to hear he's making progress, the poor fellow. It is very much a process, but with the support you and yours are giving him, he'll make it. More power to you.

As always, your builds are fun to watch and the techniques used are inspirational. I particularly enjoyed the Dewey build, but they've all been great!

Here's to a brighter, shinier year for you.

Thanks John. That really means a lot. ❤️

• Like 1

I think I managed to catch all of these except the Tiger Moths and had a great time following every single one.  They are all beautiful!  I have to admit a bit of jealousy as I would love to meet IRL some of the fine folks I've met here on the forum, but alas I'm on the other side of the pond.  I'd love to go Telford too!

Hope you have a great year this year -- the Mirage is an awfully good start! :)

• Thanks 1

On 11/03/2023 at 02:41, opus999 said:

I think I managed to catch all of these except the Tiger Moths and had a great time following every single one.  They are all beautiful!  I have to admit a bit of jealousy as I would love to meet IRL some of the fine folks I've met here on the forum, but alas I'm on the other side of the pond.  I'd love to go Telford too!

Hope you have a great year this year -- the Mirage is an awfully good start! :)

Glad you enjoyed the builds. Telford might be a bit of a jaunt for you but it’s not unheard of.  🤩

• Like 1

• 3 months later...