Classic 1950’s Aircraft group build now withdrawn and combined with “Baby Boomers:1946-1964” group build.

Ok its probably the boredom speaking here but how about an all 1950’s aircraft group build ? Im thinking any aircraft built or operated between January 1st 1950 to December 31st 1959. This could include military, civilian airliners, any prototypes, and any modified aircraft would be acceptable. The biggest rule for this build is the aircraft must have had at least one flight. Accidental flight like the spruce goose’s taxi run/flight is an example and would qualify if it was within the dates. 

1. CorsairFoxFourUncle

2. Chrisj2003

3. The Rat 

4. Marklo

5. modelling minion

6. LorenSharp

7. bianfuxia 

8. zebra 

9. UberDaveToo

10. Adam Poultney

11. ModelingEdmontonian

12. John Masters 

12a. dnl42 

14. franky boy 

15. Mjwomack 

16. 81-er 

17. Mr T 

18. Ray S 

19. Colin W 

20. TonyW 

21. drdjp11 

22. CliffB 

23. JOCKNEY 

🏴‍☠️30. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

Dennis, a cautious yes from me, there a quite few in the stash that tick this box, but most are NMF which I don't like / will master one day. I'm sure there is a Hunter as well.

Chris

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Dennis, a cautious yes from me, there a quite few in the stash that tick this box, but most are NMF which I don't like / will master one day. I'm sure there is a Hunter as well.

Chris

Hello Chris no worries NMF put me off for years. Im sure whatever you choose will be great. 

Another (very) cautious 'yes', although I'm notorious for moving at a glacial pace. There is also a 1950s GB on the What if? board, and I have a bunch of projects on the bench. But I have an idea that I was already researching, in fact it was what brought me to this post a few minutes ago. Any idea on how long the build would be going on? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Rat said:

Another (very) cautious 'yes', although I'm notorious for moving at a glacial pace. There is also a 1950s GB on the What if? board, and I have a bunch of projects on the bench. But I have an idea that I was already researching, in fact it was what brought me to this post a few minutes ago. Any idea on how long the build would be going on? 

We need a total of 30 members showing interest. If that happens before November we get to go through the required voting process. If in the top 7 builds we get a time slot that would last a total of 4 months sometime in 2024. I will add you as a tentative signup as there is no obligation or requirement. It just means you have an interest in the build. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

This sounds like a damn good idea to me Dennis.

Am I correct in thinking that this would include the likes of WWII aircraft that remained in service into the 50's such as the P/F-51 and A-26?

🇺🇦

Yes you're correct, welcome aboard. 

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

Actually it’s an era I don’t explore all that much but I’m sure I could find something.

Im sure you can find some obscure research aircraft or piece of armor that would fit in

• Like 1

6 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Well I don't hear that very often/ever! Very happy to be right in this case as it brings into play some very interesting options.

🇺🇦

The only thing is it would have to be in 1950’s era markings. 

8 hours ago, Marklo said:

Actually it’s an era I don’t explore all that much but I’m sure I could find something.

Im sure you can find an interesting prototype or odd bit if armor from the era.

5 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

I think I can find a subject or three for this endeavour.  Count me in Sir.

welcome aboard everyone btw.  

15 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Im sure you can find some obscure research aircraft or piece of armor that would fit in

Funny you should say that..

80-B8-F06-D-AE2-C-480-B-94-C3-CDED80-E10this was my first thought the Aerfer Saggitario first flew in 1956.

F7-FFBB01-7-A1-F-414-E-9173-F5-DF16-A90-You can see how it looks like it owes a lot  to some off the late war German designed.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Andwil said:

I have a Sabre or two in the stash which I would join in with.

AW

10 hours ago, franky boy said:

Excellent idea Dennis!

The choices are literally endless from stash. Please add me to the list. 

Thanks

James 

Welcome aboard gentlemen. I agree James there was such a rich variety of aircraft flying in that decade that everyone should be able to find a subject

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...