Laser cutting?

Bozothenutter

With C02 lasers you can cut 6mm Ply, MDF and acrylic  (with a 40W laser or greater )

I have used mine to cut all of the above plus engrave on stone/rock, leather , wood and you can even engrave on most metals to a extent especially if you use a spray on additive.

You cannot cut metal of any type with a C02 laser of any power, you need a Fibre laser  these can be very expensive. (like add a few 00s on a co2 price)

You have to be careful of some materials you cut/ engrave also, its a big NO to cut vinyl  on a laser as it will produce toxic chlorine gas and hydrochloric acid, which can be hazardous to the operator and also cause damage to the laser cutter (it rusts all the insides overnight)

I found that Styrene can be cut but has a bit of a rough edge that needs a light sand, I get my best results from any type of Acrylic..i have even done a 10mm thick part in several passes with mine.

One really handy use for the laser cutter is to use it for your Etched metal mask, a lot of Electronic engineers use laser cutters to cut engrave the board and paths on the circuit boards and engrave through the mask prior to acid dips to produce their board paths.

you could use the same method for producing etched metal parts.

• Thanks 1