CSM Nieuport XVII Kit ... looking for advise / consul from anyone with build experience.

RaisingArizona

Hello All,

I just receive my CSM Nieuport XVII (Late) Model Kit in 1:32 scale.  

AwAMjcu.jpg?1

Looked inside and was very impressed with detail on the parts and the instruction sheet is actually a booklet with full color illustrations.  This looks like quite the kit and looking forward to the build. 

I decided to build the plane with the markings of the plane used by Count Enrico Baracca of Italy.  He used the prancing horse which history has it became the source of the prancing horse for Enzo Ferrari when he started racing motorcars following WW1.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSx3HoF5sKsCi5j8MNsn2c

I have seen many positive comments from others regarding CSM kits.  Does anyone have experience with the Nieuport XVII kit?

Best regards,

Steve

Built it when first issued. No problems I remember, but does need a lot of care with alignment when building the cockpit framework and getting the rear fuselage on to avoid snowballing errors.  Much fun (although I see it now costs £20 more than when I got mine at ScaleModelworld just after it's release - ce'st la vie).

Paul.

• Like 1

Yes I built it a year or so back. Lovely kit with lots of internal detail.

I couldn't bear hiding away all that good stuff so left off a forward side panel to show cartridge drum, cable etc. This also helps solve the issue of panel fit: with so many separate panels and covers attaching to the framework you do need to be super careful and continually  test-fit everything. (similar to, say, a WNW Fokker D.VII's engine panels - the tolerances are much the same.)

I don't have hosting software but if you are interested the build log is over on the ww1aircraft site

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=12570.0

Cheers

• Like 2