A-3 Skywarrior cockpit pictures.

modelling minion

Hi all,

I am currently building a Trumpeter TA-3 Skywarrior and am really struggling to find any decent pictures of the cockpit area other than the instrument panel and was wondering if the BM collective could point me in the right direction to find some, especially of the rear cockpit area.

Many thanks in advance.

Craig.

🇺🇦

20 hours ago, fubar57 said:

Some good useful pics of the set up at the front of the cockpit.👍

2 hours ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

Note that the left rear seat in the TA-3B cockpit was now facing forward: https://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2013/09/ta-3b-skywarrior.html

That is a very useful bit of info, thanks for that.👍

Still on the hunt for piccies of the rear bulkhead or I might have to go with what Trumpeter say is there!😬

🇺🇦

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Still on the hunt for piccies of the rear bulkhead or I might have to go with what Trumpeter say is there!😬

🇺🇦

The odds are very good that whatever Trumpeter says is there is incorrect. I've updated my TA-3B post with some more illustrations: https://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2013/09/ta-3b-skywarrior.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

The odds are very good that whatever Trumpeter says is there is incorrect. I've updated my TA-3B post with some more illustrations: https://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2013/09/ta-3b-skywarrior.html

Thanks, there's some great info there, especially the fact that the left rear seat has a desk that looks identical to what Trumpeter provides for the rear cabin so I might have to rob one of those (you won't be able to see anything of the rear cabin with the fuselage halves closed anyway) and see what I can do about the rest of the cockpit area. You really are a goldmine of useful info on post war US Navy aircraft and your helpfulness is very much appreciated.

🇺🇦

19 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Thanks, there's some great info there, especially the fact that the left rear seat has a desk that looks identical to what Trumpeter provides for the rear cabin so I might have to rob one of those (you won't be able to see anything of the rear cabin with the fuselage halves closed anyway) and see what I can do about the rest of the cockpit area. You really are a goldmine of useful info on post war US Navy aircraft and your helpfulness is very much appreciated.

🇺🇦

Only the student in the front right seat in cabin had the periscope sight. The other student positions, including the one on the flight deck, had only the radar repeater scope.

• Thanks 1