Alpine Renault A442B Turbo

So I'll be joining the GB with this oldie from Tamiya...

spacer.png

Unfortunately I paid slightly more than the original purchase price from Beatties on a popular online auction site (that's inflation for you). I've no idea when this particular plastic was minted but given Beatties shut up shop in 2001 I think, so I guess before then. The moulds go back to 1979 but this is the more 'recent' 1980 version (motorised). I won't be including the motor, batteries or wheel guide as I have no intention of trashing my paintwork against the nearest skirting board!

The decals seem to have had a hard time of it, though I've got a replacement set, but I'm not sure it includes all of them, or parts need painting with it?

spacer.png

In terms of plastic, there's nothing that looks too taxing (other than the paint work}...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hopefully it'll build up well, it's an interesting looking Le Mans car!

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Scargsy said:

The decals seem to have had a hard time of it,

Hopefully the kit decals should be OK - other than the usual problem of getting old Japanese ones off their backing sheets!

I think it's just the exposed gum (between the decals), that's got a bit a damp sometime.  

Fingers crossed :winkgrin:

• 1 month later...

So small progress - I decided I will add the motor.

I hand painted the interior of the intake black, built and fitted it before adding some primer - this was my first attempt and coat with Mr Hobby, Mr Base White 1000 - which is supposed to have more pigment to block base colours, I'm not sure if it does, yellow is quite a tricky colour to cover, also I've got some mould lines I need to clean up further!

spacer.png

• Like 5