SAAB J-35Ö Ostarrichi 1/72

Whirly

Hello, I'd like to join this groupbuild with a 1/72 build of this subject:

saab_j35_draken-ostarichi(c)bundesheer_z

I have both the original Hasegawa boxing and the later Revell rebox with Cartograf decals, will decide which to start after inspection.

Need to clear a bit the bench so don't expect a quick update.

Thank you!

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Time for an update, sorry for the lack of activity but my plans got a bit disrupted 😬

In the last few days I started working on the intakes to close the open view inside:

20230501_215645

I also wanted to improve the general look lowering the elevons as they always are when the aircraft is parked, so some difficult cuts were needed.

20230501_215633

Some work is in order to restore the broken corners!

20230501_221003

Then I found out that for an Austrian Drakens in late service, I need to update the defence fit which was taken from the surplus Danish aircraft. Nothing really terrible, but I need to shape some parts and this will take more time.

Thanks for looking!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Hi all, having finally completed my Mirage in the Dassault Group Build I can now resume work on the Draken, though I really doubt I can finish it in time.

I corrected the fin tip shaping a plastic piece to resemble the complex fairing inherited from the Danish Drakens.

20230610_225946

Then I added the simpler boxes integrated in the rear afterburner intakes.

20230610_230046

And finally I made some changes to the rear fairing to accept another pair of boxes.

20230610_230020

This is the end result: not totally happy with them, but I had to accept a compromise.

20230615_222350

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Whirly
Changed the last image because it was out of focus
  • Like 4

Thank you @reini! Not many changes still missing: this is the intake on the fuselage spine.

20230615_223821

Holes in the stbd wing root, visible when flaps are drooped. The port side is different for some reason and still in the work...

20230615_213105

A pair of braces added inside the canopy (black streched sprue), seems all Drakens have them.

20230615_225800

Thanks for looking!

• Like 4

Too little, too late...

Here is the latest progress on my Draken, I'm sorry it didn't make it despite having a time extension too, I will post in RFI when it's finished.

Thank you for organizing this great GB, it was nice to see so many Drakens being built all together!

2023-06-19_03-27-27

• Like 2

You'll finish her soon and then we can admire the pics in the Inspiration Gallery :thumbsup:. That's the GB.02 way to deal with early starters and late finishers - sometimes that's the one and same model :winkgrin: