FW190A-8/R11 *** Finished ***

Walter

1 hour ago, Ray_W said:

Very nice Walter.

Ray

Thank you Ray, this last part with undercarriage was especially fiddly I guess no worse than an Eduard kit. It's my Achilles heel.

I'm going to make mention of the problem area's with building this kit as a warning to all and a reminder for me when I build another Dragon Fw190 in the future.

*Use a spreader to fix wing root gap.

*Glue upper part of wings only after bottom wing is in place, this will remove wing root gap and better set wing dihedral. 

*Place a spreader in front engine exhaust to allow for less gap when joining engine power egg to the plane. 

*You can throw away the p.e.

• Thanks 1

Need your assistance please what colour are the fug antenna? The left side looks black but the right side looks like it's rlm76 or is it just the way the sunlight is hitting it. What do you believe they would have been painted.

My thought is they would have come painted in rlm76.

Focke-Wulf-Fw-190A-1.NJG10-White-9-Gunth

• Like 2

Interesting photo, the brackets from the wings look to be in RLM 76 but the antennae themselves look to be either black or RLM 66 black/grey.  Strange the landing light isn't fitted?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Interesting photo, the brackets from the wings look to be in RLM 76 but the antennae themselves look to be either black or RLM 66 black/grey.  Strange the landing light isn't fitted?

Thanks Rob I've painted them black. Well spotted on the landing lights, I missed that oh well this plane has an upgrade. 😄

• Like 1

I really like the old Dragon kits and Walter you have done an excellent job. I especially like the paintwork. Great effect achieved with the fuselage mottling. Very nice.

Ray

• Walter changed the title to FW190A-8/R11 *** Finished ***