FW190A-8/R11 *** Finished ***

Walter

Nice work so far, Walter. Is that canopy track all from the kit, is there some aftermarket PE involved?

James

Thanks James, no after market, dragon kits always come with pe which is good and bad. Unfortunately they are made of very hard steel so not easy to work with. At least.for the moment it went together. The next challenge will be installing it in the canopy memories of the last build still haunt me.

• Like 1

Finally getting to the painting stage after so much work on the engine covers. It's way from perfect but I've reach that point of diminishing returns.

So hear she is with the base rlm76. 

20230307-160939.jpg

20230307-161024.jpg

I must confess I still need to do more work on the wing leading edge I just can't stand seeing a seem line. 🤒

• Like 5

Spent the last few evenings spraying the camo used Mr Color, the contrast is more subtle compared to other brands being used here. Even Mr Hobby Aqueous has better contrast.  It intrigues me how the hue can vary between the two different carriers used.

Anyway this is what it looks like 

20230309-160213.jpg

Edited by Walter
  • Like 7

The decal sheet is very yellow so I've been leaving it in the sun on and off for the past 2 weeks and its improved but not there yet . I'm not confident I'll get the to go any whiter so I've been sifting through my other kits to find what I need. Wish me luck.

20230312-132625.jpg

• Like 1

A little more progress made.  The Mr Hobby decal setting solution is a little too strong so it distorted the balkenkruez on the underside of the wings. I'll mask this up and paint to correct my folly. 

Once that's dry I'll move on to weathering with oils, apply exhaust staining and gun barrel staining. 

20230314-112540.jpg

20230314-112613.jpg

• Like 10

Just catching up Walter. Excellent build. That paintwork looks great. The planned weathering will only enhance it further.

Ray

• Thanks 1

The end is in sight. Finished installing undercarriage,  fug217 antenna and gun barrels. There's a bit of weathering to do on these parts and then it's finished. I have to minimise the amount of handling from this point for fear of breaking something. 

I hope you like it, here she is.

20230320-165857.jpg

• Like 7