Thank you Sea Dogs, and goodbye.

TonyOD

Morning all.

For reasons that don't need to be aired here, I've decided to leave the Britmodeller forum, and I regret that as consequence I will no longer be involved in the Salty Sea Dog Group Build.

It's been a hoot, both on the Bunfight campaign trail and, latterly, during the GB itself. What a wonderful array of builds we have seen, and continue to see. Thank you, everyone who had shown even the slightest interest, and especially to Messrs. @Enzo the Magnificent, @Col. and @Bertie McBoatface for their support.

I will no longer be updating the Behemothic Build List, but it's likely that the HMS Salty Sea Dog will be able to chug along to its conclusion at the end of April under its own steam. 

Again, thank you, and happy modelling.

Best wishes,

Tony

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 22

Really sorry to hear that Tony. Thanks for all you've done to get HMS Salty Sea Dog afloat and cajoling this motley crew of aircraft, ship, armour, hovercraft, lighthouse and windfarm modellers all sailing under one flag. Best wishes, skipper. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm so very sorry to hear this, Tony, but knowing why I can perfectly understand the reasons for your decision. It's such a shame that Traffic Warden mentality prevails in certain quarters.

I'll be in touch, and I'll catch up with you on WW2AIRCRAFT.net.

Take care and stay safe.

Cheers mate,

Mark

• Thanks 1

G'day Tony,

Thanks for all the work you did leading ip to and during this and other GBs. Hopefully one day your circumstances will have changed and we will see you then, until then fair winds and following seas,

cheers,

Pappy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about this Tony, hopefully whatever salty taste has been left in your mouth can be easily washed away with a quick swig of rum. Chin up mate, time heals most things so hope you get back soon. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

I'm so very sorry to hear this, Tony, but knowing why I can perfectly understand the reasons for your decision. It's such a shame that Traffic Warden mentality prevails in certain quarters.

Tony, I don't know to what this refers, but I'm sorry for it. I won't be alone in missing your enthusiasm. Take care, and preferably come back!

Alan 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh my goodness,  Tony if your mind is made up then so be it.

But please, can I ask you to leave the door open to BM in case things ever change as we will all be here to welcome you back.

As legacies go the Salty Sea Dog will be a fitting tribute to your inexhaustible enthusiasm. 

Take care mate

Cheers Pat

• Like 9