1/144 F-Resin Fokker F-28

Nice job. Had a lot of fun flying that thing back in the day. You know you are getting old when the planes you flew are starring in fire dumps across the country. That particular paint job was very short lived and only on a couple of airframes as I recall.

• Like 1

Very nice indeed. Did you do anything to the kit nose? It looks more accurate than I remember.

Just one small point - the kit is made by F-RSIN, not F-Resin. The name is meant to look like a French airliner registration, same as F-DCAL.

:goodjob:

Dave G

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Very nice indeed. Did you do anything to the kit nose? It looks more accurate than I remember.

Just one small point - the kit is made by F-RSIN, not F-Resin. The name is meant to look like a French airliner registration, same as F-DCAL.

:goodjob:

Dave G

Thanks for the correction, you are correct.  That’s what I get for going by memory.

no , that is the kit nose as moulded, just the seam sanded is all I accomplished.  I did replace the wing fences with plastic card, and use contrail tube for the exhausts.

Tony

Edited by Tony Edmundson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No @Orso I'm definitely thinking of the F-RSIN kit.

I don't mean to hijack Tony's thread but I built the LGW Miniatures F28 many years ago. Let's just say it was "heavily influenced" by the Revell F100 but it was a nice, accurate little kit which built up well. I have both versions of the F-RSIN F28 in the depths of my stash and the last time I looked at them I thought the windscreen was too deep and the nose was too sharply pointed particularly in plan view. Tony's lovely model makes me think I might have been wrong. When I can be bothered I'll dig one of the kits out and have another look.

52710781806_04f7f878f4.jpg

LGW Miniatures F28-1000

• Like 3