Junkers Ju 290A-5***FINISHED***

PeterB

I think the two side aerials were moveable to the outboard so it could cover a wider area during a search. When something was picked up, they could be swung in to make a narrower beam to track the target more accurately.

Chris

2 hours ago, dogsbody said:

I think the two side aerials were moveable to the outboard so it could cover a wider area during a search. When something was picked up, they could be swung in to make a narrower beam to track the target more accurately.

Chris

Thanks Chris - that would make sense.

Pete

• Like 1

• PeterB changed the title to Junkers Ju 29***FINISHED***0-A5

Done and I will get it in the gallery shortly.

DSC08053-crop

Could not find a grey towel to simulate tarmac so went for blue instead to make my camera get the colours about right - the automated colour balance does tend to read the background colour and mess up the model sometimes.

It was not a bad kit to build - the main problem was handling it without breaking off too many bits!

Pete

• Like 13

• PeterB changed the title to Junkers Ju 290A-5***FINISHED***

Well done on taking this big beast to completion Pete. Hope you've a big enough shelf for it now (and the Condor of course ;) )

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Col. said:

Well done on taking this big beast to completion Pete. Hope you've a big enough shelf for it now (and the Condor of course ;) )

Thanks Col,

I am currently resting my back after finally getting the shelf up. It is not deep enough for the 290 so I will be juggling models around to create some space on the really deep one (15inches) for it, and hopefully at the same time make a gap on one of the 12inch deep shelves that is Condor sized. Lord only knows where I will put the Valiant as and when I get round to building it, and ditto the replacement C-130! I can see another shelf or two being needed before I empty my stash.

Pete

• Like 1